Think Green Academy – Enlightened by the spark of our next generation
Are you in need of some inspiration for the new year? Then let enlighten you by the spark of the Think Green Academy and the great green business ideas that resulted out of the program!
The Think Green Academy is the new format of the HPI Student Academy together with the SAP Young Thinkers program. The online event spans several months, during which participants work in teams to develop sustainable business ideas. Here you can find more detailed information.
From October to December, 35 students in 12 teams worked keen on their green business ideas within the scope of the first Think Green Academy.
The program took place over a series of sessions where they learned about topics such as Snap!, MicroBlocks, and Design Thinking, and worked on developing prototypes of their ideas accompanied by mentors. You can be flashed by all the ideas that evolved during this intense time.
The ideas made it to highly qualified pitches. Finally, those were presented in front of an expert jury from SAP, Hasso Plattner Institute, Wissensfabrik and Exxeta.
Let our next generation inspire you!
The jury’s task was to nominate the winning teams in three categories:
- The best pitch: reCloth – Swipen.Tragen.Retten
- The reCloth team presents their concept for their app reCloth – Swiping. Wear. Save, for the exchange and sale/purchase of clothing. With this concept, the exchange and reuse of clothing is made more attractive for young people more attractive. Young people need an easier way to give reuse of clothing a chance. Clothing an opportunity to reduce reluctance to secondhand clothing. The app includes a map function that helps display clothing items in the immediate area; a search function function for searching for specific items of clothing; a chat function for exchanges between the parties involved in the exchange/buy and the possibility to rate contacts and transactions.
- The most outstanding idea: Oceaneers
- The Oceaneers team presents their concept for a machine that, like the lungs, filters plastic and hairs to filter plastic and especially microplastics out of the water. Their machine can be solar powered, floating in the water floating in the water as well as stationary on the surface of the water and can thus be used applicable.
- The idea with the highest impact potential: Family Food
- The Family Food team presents a concept for their web and mobile app of the same name. This supports families, shared flats and households in the sustainable design and planning of shared meals. Family Food combines many practical features, such as a shared recipe book; an integrated search engine for recipes from the web; an automatically generated meal plan, which can be personalized to the needs and needs and suggestions of all members of a household, and a shared shopping list. At the same time, the app promotes a healthy, balanced diet and sustainable shopping through targeted integration of local partners, nutritional value and price calculations, and regional and seasonal recipe suggestions.
Congratulations to the winning teams at this point for their achievement! Let our next generation inspire you!
The Think Green Academy resulted of a successful cooperation of SAP Young Thinkers and the Hasso Plattner Institute. However, without the great contributions of our workshop leads, the mentors and our jury team this pogram could not have succeeded.
At this point we want to thank all the contributors for their time and their effort to enable young students to explore and develop their green business ideas.
Think Green Academy was a pilot program and we are eager to repeat it this year and to constantly improve it in the future. In case of further questions to the program reach out to us by commenting this blogpost.