Extend SAP S/4HANA Business Processes on SAP BTP, Kyma Runtime
We are happy to release a new mission Extend SAP S/4HANA Business Processes on SAP Business Technology Platform, Kyma Runtime in SAP Discovery Center. The main intent of this scenario is to complement an existing business process in an SAP solution – currently SAP S/4HANA on-premise with additional business process steps. This involves adding major logic and additional data and goes beyond simple UI changes.
This application showcases:
- Building applications on SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP), Kyma Runtime using SAP Cloud Application Programming Model (CAP)
- Consuming events from SAP S/4HANA on-premise using SAP Event Mesh
- Consuming REST APIs from SAP S/4HANA on-premise using SAP BTP Connectivity Service
- Building and deploying a function in SAP BTP Kyma Runtime, Serverless
A business scenario is used to showcase how to build a SAP S/4HANA on-premise extension application on SAP BTP, Kyma runtime.
John, who is an employee of Business Partner Validation Firm iCredible, which is a third-party vendor of ACME Corporation, would like to get notifications whenever new Business Partners are added in the SAP S/4HANA on-premise system of ACME Corporation. John would then be able to review the Business Partner details in his extension app. He would proceed to visit the Business Partner’s registered office and do some background verification. John would then proceed to update or validate the verification details into the extension app. Once the details are verified, the Business Partner gets activated in the SAP S/4HANA system of ACME Corporation.
The scenario covers:
- Custom extension application that works independently from SAP S/4HANA
- Changes in SAP S/4HANA communicated via events in real time to extension application
- Compute intensive processing available on demand (using serverless)
- Vendor personnel needs access to only custom app
Mission Project Board
Project board provides a step by step guidance through which you will get a full picture on how the end to end use case works. By trying out the use case you will also get a flavour of the different technologies showcased in this mission.
The sample project can be accessed at SAP-Samples Github.
You can also explore other exciting mission here: https://blogs.sap.com/2021/06/28/building-end-to-end-extension-scenarios-on-sap-btp/