Bank Related Changes from SAP S/4 HANA 2020 Onwards (With FIORI):
In this article I am trying to demonstrate the bank related changes and the impact SAP S/4 HANA 2020.
The S/4HANA new release came up with simplified solution to minimizing the bank GL accounts and introducing additional configurations for the payments.
Until SAP S/4 HANA 1909 Vs SAP S/4 HANA 2020:
SAP S/4 HANA 1909:
We used to create a new set of G/L accounts for newly created house bank accounts and used to have a different main bank account for each bank account and similarly different set of Bank Clearing Accounts.
SAP S/4 HANA 2020:
In SAP S/4 HANA 2020, there are 2 ways of creating the required sets of G/L Accounts. You can follow either the new method or the old one.
New Method- One Set of G/L Accounts for multiple house bank accounts:
As per the new method, we can create a bank reconciliation account (Main Bank Account) that can be assigned to multiple house bank accounts.
Mentioning the Bank G/L related changes below:
- SAP has introduced a new “GL Account Type” called C- Cash Account, so now, from S/4 HANA 2020 onwards, our GL account type will be 5 instead of 4 (C- Cash Account, N- Non-Operating expenses and Income, P- Primary cost and revenue, S- Secondary Cost, X- Balance Sheet Account)
- A new field was introduced from S/4 HANA 2020 in GL Master Data, the field name is GLCCOUNT_SUBTYPE (GL Account Sub Type).G/L Account Sub Account type:
- B- Bank Reconciliation Account
- P- Petty Cash
- S- Bank Sub Account
House Bank Setup in S/4 HANA 2020 by using new method:
- Step 1: House Bank Creation Through the T.Code: FI12_HBANK:
- Step 2: Main Bank GL Account/ Bank Reconciliation Account Creation Through FS00:
- Step 3: Bank Account Creation Through /N/UI2/FLP – Manage Bank Account
Use “Manage Bank Accounts” tile to create the Bank Account in SAP S/4 HANA 2020
Other screens wise Screenshots:
House Bank Account Connectivity:
Click on Create
House Bank Account Data:
Now Click on Apply and Save as Inactive
Now Click on Activate:
Impact on Automatic Payment Program:
Initial Error message which you will get after bank implementation during the payment.
Solution and changes in S/4 HANA 2020:
Changes in Bank Determination- (FBZP):
Please follow the SAP note – 3067799 – Unable to enter the Bank Subaccount in the Bank Determination – Bank Accounts configuration for better understanding.
Create Accounting Symbols:
Note: SIP Relevant/ Self-Initiated Payment Relevant Check box need to be activated.
GL Assignment to Account Symbol:
Payment Method assigned to Account Symbol:
Account Receivable and Payable – Business Transaction – Outgoing Payment- Automatic Payment Program – Payment Method/Bank Selection for payment program – Assign Account Symbol to Payment method.
Test Result after implementing the above points:
FIORI Library Links for some Bank Related Tiles:
- Manage Bank Accounts: https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps(‘F1366A’)/S18OP
- Manage House Bank Account: https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps(‘F5942’)/S24OP
- Manage In-House Bank Account Workflows: https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps(‘F6131’)/S24OP
- Manage House Bank Limit: https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps(‘F5940’)/S24OP
- Manage In-House Account Balance: https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps(‘F6341’)/S24OP
Call to action:
- Please ensure whether the Tiles “Manage Bank Account” is activated in your FIORI or not.
- Ensure all the above Bank related configuration to avoid the “G/L Account does not exist” error at the time of APP run.
- Please check OSS – 3067799.
Related Blog or Previous Blog:
Concept of Bank Account Management in S/4 HANA and Normal House Bank, Bank Account Creation through NWBC Up to S/4 HANA1909 (Without FIORI)
Find More Information Below:
- Exchange Knowledge: SAP Community| Q&A| Blog
- Learn More: SAP Help Portal| Open SAP
Next Blog: Data Migration related changes from SAP S/4 HANA 2020 Onwards: