SAP Interface Management Guide
The start of a new year is the best time to fuel your brain with SAP integration knowledge!
To get an extensive overview of various SAP integration technologies, I highly recommend reading “SAP Interface Management Guide” by Adam Kiwon (me), Mark Lehmann, Manuel Männle, Martin Tieves which is available in German and English.
You will learn about
- Interfaces in the SAP context
What technologies are available in SAP business systems, where to find the APIs, etc.
- Integration Architectures (e.g. SOA, Microservices)
Learn which architectures provide advantages over Point-To-Point-Integration
- Integration Styles (e.g. Process-/Data-/User-/Thing Integration)
Understand the nature and the different needs of an interface
- Integration Technologies (e.g. SOAP/REST/ODATA Services)
Navigate in the sea of state-of-the-art transport protocols
- Methods and Frameworks (e.g- ISA-M, Maturity Models, ICC)
Learn when to choose which technology and how to organize integration in organizations
- SAP´s IPaaS/HiP/Integration Layer/Middleware components (e.g. SAP Integration Suite with Cloud Integration, API Management, Event Mesh as well as SAP PI/PO, AIF, SDI, Data Intelligence)
Understand the different SAP solutions and what they offer
- Interface Management Tasks and Best Practices (e.g. Governance, Operations, Organization)
Run your interfaces better by organizing and controlling them and managing teams
Happy 2023 and happy reading!