SAP Interface Management Guide
The start of a new year is the best time to fuel your brain with SAP integration knowledge!
To get an extensive overview of various SAP integration technologies, I highly recommend reading “SAP Interface Management Guide” by Adam Kiwon (me), Mark Lehmann, Manuel Männle, Martin Tieves which is available in German and English.
You will learn about
- Interfaces in the SAP context
What technologies are available in SAP business systems, where to find the APIs, etc.
- Integration Architectures (e.g. SOA, Microservices)
Learn which architectures provide advantages over Point-To-Point-Integration
- Integration Styles (e.g. Process-/Data-/User-/Thing Integration)
Understand the nature and the different needs of an interface
- Integration Technologies (e.g. SOAP/REST/ODATA Services)
Navigate in the sea of state-of-the-art transport protocols
- Methods and Frameworks (e.g- ISA-M, Maturity Models, ICC)
Learn when to choose which technology and how to organize integration in organizations
- SAP´s IPaaS/HiP/Integration Layer/Middleware components (e.g. SAP Integration Suite with Cloud Integration, API Management, Event Mesh as well as SAP PI/PO, AIF, SDI, Data Intelligence)
Understand the different SAP solutions and what they offer
- Interface Management Tasks and Best Practices (e.g. Governance, Operations, Organization)
Run your interfaces better by organizing and controlling them and managing teams
Happy 2023 and happy reading!
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.