Series of Technology Essentials for Moving to SAP S/4HANA – tip #13: Accelerate Your Rollout with Test Automation
This is a series of blogs written by SAP subject matter experts to prepare you for your journey to SAP S/4HANA. Ready? Let’s go!
Topic #13 is how to accelerate your rollout with test automation
Did you know that you can access automated testing capabilities for SAP S/4HANA and other SAP solutions as part of your SAP Enterprise Support agreement – at no additional cost – thanks to the partnership between SAP and Tricentis? SAP and Tricentis offer Tricentis test automation for SAP solutions in two flavors: cloud and on-premise.
The on-premise version is based on the integration of SAP Solution Manager 7.2 and the on-premise products of Tricentis. Here are the detailed capabilities of the on-premise offering, called Tricentis Test Automation for SAP:
- Automated testing of all SAP products, with full support of UI technologies including SAPUI5, SAP Fiori UX, SAP GUI, and other Web UIs, such as those for SAP SuccessFactors and SAP Ariba solutions
- API-based automated testing of SAP products for protocols such as RFC, HTTP, REST, and OData
- Test data services to manage test data centrally and dynamically through the TTA server, including test data retrieval and updates during test execution
The test management functionality in SAP Solution Manager complements the above capabilities with:
- Test case preparation
- Test planning
- Test execution and reporting
SAP Solution Manager 7.2 is a comprehensive application lifecycle management (ALM) solution that also offers the following capabilities:
- Project management
- Business process documentation
- Change request management
- Deployment and release management
SAP Solution Manager 7.2 allows you to fully manage the lifecycle of your SAP and non-SAP solutions. It now integrates with Tricentis Test Automation for SAP and brings you automation capabilities that accelerate the delivery pace of your organization. Learn more about test automation with SAP Solution Manager here.
Please note that certain functionalities of Tricentis Tosca, such as automation capabilities for non-SAP solutions, distributed execution engine, or Tosca server APIs, are not part of Tricentis Test Automation for SAP. However, you can license them through the SAP Enterprise Continuous Testing solution by Tricentis.
Learn more about Tricentis Test Automation for SAP and download the software here.
Check out all topics of the series:
tip #1: Check Your Add-ons. Now.
tip #2: Check Your Finance Data Quality
tip #4: How to Build Custom Extensions
tip #9: Understand the Functional Impact
tip #11: Optimizing Downtime in Conversions
tip #12: Find Relevant SAP Notes
tip #14: Implementing SAP Fiori