New Major Release is on the way – SAP Business Client 8.00
Our new major release for SAP Business Client and SAP GUI for Windows is planned for Q1 2023.
The beta started in July and is now closed. We received only positive feedback so far. Thanks for that and for the tireless testing!
A glimpse of what’s coming with 8.00
- Inplace-Navigation inside Fiori launchpad: You decide if your SAP GUI for Windows transaction is opened in a new tab or inplace. This closes the gap between running the Fiori launchpad in a standalone browser and in the Business Client while keeping the advantage of using the native SAPGUI for Windows.
- Separate Theming for System Selector and shell windows
- Support 64 bit version of SAP GUI for Windows
- Export and import of Business Client favorites
- Performance Improvements and reduced memory footprint
- Focus on the Edge WebView2 browser control (see: Microsoft Edge in SAP Business Client)
- Settings UI moved to main window
- New History UI can be accessed by the main window menu or by choosing “Ctrl+H”.
Regarding our road map and the Cloud Integration, please have a look at:
SAP User Interface Technologie => Business Application Entry point
At this point I’d like to remind you that for SAP Business Client 7.0 End of Lifetime has been reached (April 12, 2022).
We therefor strictly recommend installing the latest version:
SAP ONE Support Launchpad (SAP Software Download Center).
=> No more fixes in the “old” version. But of cause no “technical shut down”.
Stay safe & have a great start into a healthy 2023!