What’s New with SAP Profitability and Performance Management 3.0 SP20
SAP Profitability and Performance Management 3.0 in its upcoming Support Package 20 provides additional enhancements which can also be found in the official site: What’s new section – SP20 Support Package section in PaPM’s Help Portal.
Here is what we have in store for this release:
Additional consistency checks are enabled during extraction of environments from On-Premise before importing to Cloud. The system displays specific message texts in the Display Logs during the validation and the entire export process is aborted if any one of the specified checks is fulfilled.
In a nutshell, these consistency checks can be categorized into two (2) topics as shown below with a corresponding example of the message texts during the export.
1. Items not supported from Cloud perspective
- Non-environment fields, for example: Environment InfoObjects, BW InfoObjects, BW, DDIC and HANA fields
- Model Table sources HANA and Data Dictionary
Consistency checks are applied to a Model Table following the process below:
- Model Table source = “Environment” passes the validation.
- For Model Table source = “HANA”, a validation error is displayed in case of Connection Type = “Physical”. Otherwise for Connection Type = “Logical”, validation is passed.
- For Model Table source not equal to “Environment” or “HANA”, a validation error is displayed.
- Unsupported function types from Cloud perspective, for example: Query with source: Environment, Machine Learning, Funds Transfer Pricing, Flow Modeling, Valuation and Model BW.
2. Items with impact to optimal modeling and performance
- Number of functions exceeds 200
- Number of fields defined in the environment exceeds 1000
- Number of rules in a Join function exceeds 15
Note: For the number join rules, only a warning message is be displayed for the modeler and the exporting process will proceed.
The enhanced consistency checks is covered by SAP Note 3243712.
For Remote Function Adapter of type “Finance General Ledger Items”, runtime was further improved preventing out of memory errors when posting an increased number of documents.
For more information, see SAP Note 3274034.
Default Database Connection
A new database connection “DEFAULT” is now available for use in the Environment –> Advanced tab setting for DB Connection Name.
For more information, see SAP Note 3259569.
Model Table and Model View
Connection source “ODATA Service” can now be maintained and used through Basic Authorization or OAuth authorization types.
- For Basic Authentication/No Authentication, the Service must be maintained within the SM59 connection.
- For OAuth, only the authentication service needs to be maintained in the SM59 connection and the Service URL is maintained in the connection itself in the Manage Connections application.
For more information, see SAP Note 3238500. You may also visit the Administration Guide – Connection Management section for related information.
Remote Function Adapter
Additional fields are now available for each of the RFA Types below.
Fields corresponding to parameters POTEXTHEADER and POTEXTITEM of BAPI_PO_CREATE1
For more information, see SAP Note 3272889.
Finance Accounts Payable
Fields corresponding to parameters DOCUMENTHEADER, ACCOUNTPAYABLE of BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST.
For more information, see SAP Note 3271870.
Finance Accounts Receivable
Fields corresponding to parameters DOCUMENTHEADER, ACCOUNTRECEIVABLE of BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST.
For more information, see SAP Note 3271870.
Sales and Distribution
Fields corresponding to parameters ORDER_ITEMS_IN and ORDER_TEXT of BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2.
For more information, see SAP Note 3271772.
Field CURRENCY of structure BAPISDHD1 is available for business use cases which require to provide the Document Header Currency when creating a Sales and Distribution document.
For more information, see SAP Note 3257283.
The following new standalone sample content is available in SAP Profitability and Performance Management 3.0 SP20:
|Food Sector Profitability and Cost Management||SCG||1|
Updated versions of the following standalone sample content are available:
|OECD BEPS 2.0 Tax Calculation and Reporting||SXE||3|
|Operational Transfer Pricing||SXG||16|
|EU Taxonomy Management||SXU||3|
|Financing and Investment Sustainability Management||SXV||9|
|Energy Transition Management towards Net-Zero||SXY||2|
|Public Sector Profitability and Cost Management||SPP||8|
There you have it! Please standby for more enhancements on our next releases.
Thank you for your time. Ciao!