What’s New in the Release Assessment and Scope Dependency(RASD) 2.0
Release Assessment and Scope Dependency Tool(RASD) 2.0 has been enhanced with several new features!!
RASD tool now comes with many new features to support the customers of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition during the half-yearly releases and the monthly updates cycles. If you are not familiar with RASD , read all about it our introductory blog
New Features on the Home Page
- Enhanced Scope item details card: This card is now a carousal.
- The first view in the carousal shows the ratio of scope items .
If the user has selected the option “Used” for the filter “Scope”, this view show’s the ratio of the customer’s used scope items to that of their activated scope items (selected during initial provisioning of the system).
If the option selected for the “Scope” filter is “Activated”, then this view shows the shows the ratio of activated scope items to the overall generic scope Items available in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition
Finally, if the option selected for the “Scope” filter is “Release Details”, then this view in carousal reflects the total number of generic scope items available in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition.
- The second card in the carousal shows the percentage of scope items which have changed in terms of functionalities. The view varies with respect to the option selected for the filter “Scope”. For example, If the “Scope” filter is set to “Used”, the percentage will be shown based on the customer’s used scope
- The third card shows the impact that the selected release or update has on the scope, in terms of the number of feature changes (source: What’s New Viewer). Click on the header of this card to see further details .The column “Degree of Change” shows the total number of changes associated with a scope item in the What’s New Viewer. For example, in the screenshot below there are total five changes (in terms of changed or new features) associated with the scope item 1J2 . This list can be sorted in ascending or descending order. It can be downloaded using the “Download Scope” button.
- Inclusion of Development Tenants (For 3 System Landscape): The usage information of the Customizing tenant( Development Tenant with Client 100) for the 3SL customers is now available. 3-System Landscape customers can click on the value (F4) help for the “Tenant” filter and see the Test, Dev-Customizing and Production tenants , if they have been already provisioned by the customer.
- The “New Features” Card is now default: This card is now available by default and need not be enabled from the “Manage Card” feature under user profile. This card shows all the line items marked as “New” in the What’s New Viewer. The information is filtered on used/activated scope based on the option chosen by the user for the “Scope” filter and logic checks for localization relevancy.
- Enhanced Spreadsheets: The various “Download…” buttons let you download the information from the cards into spreadsheets. These spreadsheets have been improved now to include the URLs to the corresponding documents in the What’s New Viewer.
- Demo Customer: Users can explore features of RASD with a Demo User without using valid S-user to login. If user is not tied to a valid or parent Customer organization, then user will be defaulted to Demo Customer.
- Switch to the old version: This button in the header will take the user to the previous version of the RASD tool
Other New Features
- “Content Upgrade Relevant” Filter : If you click on any of the cards on the home age(except Usage Based Catalogs), you’ll be taken to a detailed screen. On this screen, there is a new filter option available for the 3SL Customers. Setting this filter to Yes, will show all the What’s New Viewer Record which are linked to a scope item requiring a content upgrade
- Usage Based Catalogs linked to What’s New Viewer Document : On clicking on the “Usage Based Catalog” , you’ll be taken to a detailed table, here each line item of the table is linked to the corresponding document in the What’s New Viewer