SAP IBP Analytics Stories in a Nutshell
SAP IBP Analytics Stories capabilities are some key innovations from November 2022 in SAP IBP. All this is available with no extra SAP IBP licensing costs on top. It enables live data access to SAP IBP planning area data. User can so create stories and visualize SAP IBP data with best-of-breed analytical tools, known from SAP Analytics Cloud. This is not a substitute for SAP Analytics Cloud Enterprise, which requires an SAP SAC license and goes across LOBs.
Why is SAP offering this?
- Enable a consistent analytics experience across SAP applications
- Offer flexibility to define calculations on top of the SAP IBP data model
- Leverage best-in-class analysis and visualization capabilities
IBP Analytics Stories – Examples:
Please watch this SAP IBP Analytics Stories Video.
Manage Analytics Stories
End users will be able to create and use stories directly from SAP IBP. Stories are synonymous with dashboards and charts from the current SAP IBP Analytics. Users can create new stories and use stories created by others and share them. Stories can be created in production, or they can be created in development and transported. Shared stories can be edited by other users when extending the “write access” option.
SAP IBP Analytics and Manage Analytics Stories
Customers can continue to use both SAP IBP Analytics and Analytics Stories. Long-term SAP IBP Analytics will be replaced by Analytics Stories. The planned timeline will be announced later. The existing dashboard and chart content in SAP IBP Analytics will not be migrated to Analytics Stories.
Getting started Videos:
These videos will help you to understand better, how to create and configure Analytics Stories working with time periods and dates, plus using versions and scenarios effectively.
How to Create Stories and Visualize Data: SAP Analytics Cloud
How to Visualize Your Data Using Charts: SAP Analytics Cloud
How to Visualize Your Data Using Tables and Grid Pages: SAP Analytics Cloud
How to Filter Data in Your Stories: SAP Analytics Cloud
How to Create Calculations in Stories and Analytic Applications: SAP Analytics Cloud
Please NOTE: some of the capabilities shown in these videos may not be available in SAP IBP Analytics Stories.
Key Takeaways – SAP IBP Analytics Stories
- Enables a consistent reporting experience across SAP applications – leverage the same user interface as in SAP S/4HANA, SuccessFactors, etc.
- Flexibility to define calculations on top of the SAP IBP data model – reduces the need to extend the SAP IBP planning area to support the analysis of planning data
- Leverage best-in-class analysis and visualization capabilities on top of SAP IBP – improved visual design, flexibility and analysis functionality
Thanks for this info. We would like to read more about the features available in this product. Is there a place where we can find more documentation around this?
and search for analytic stories