SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition, and SAP S/4HANA for Fashion | 2022 release
SAP S/4HANA enables fashion retailers and vertical fashion companies to manage their business processes across one large data system landscape. It also enables companies in the fashion industry to use the power of in-memory computing to analyze large data volumes for a fast and accurate overview of products. This results in greater efficiency, quicker time to market, and better inventory control.
In the following blog, I will give you an engineering expert view of some selected highlights of our SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition, and SAP S/4HANA for Fashion and Vertical Business | 2022 release, to show you how SAP can better support you on the path to increase revenue and margin or to optimize inventory and cost.
Master planned orders management:
simplified combination, assignment, and management
With this Manage Master Planned Orders – Fashion app (App ID: F6090), you can view the details of planned orders at master, individual, and combined planned order levels. In addition, you can use this app to create master-planned orders from individual planned orders and combined planned orders from master-planned orders. This app supports planned orders with single articles, variants of a generic article, or standard materials (product).
Picture 1: Simplify managing master-planned orders using additional features
With this new 2022 release, we deliver updates to the SAP Fiori app “Manage Master Planned Orders – Fashion” by including these additional features:
- Assign planned orders to master planned orders
- Assign master planned orders to combined planned orders
- Convert master planned orders to master production orders
- Unassign planned orders and master planned orders
- Assign and unassign planned orders to master planned orders with the BADI option for customer-specific checks
Managing master production orders: assignment, combination, master data, and BAdI updates
New actions in the SAP Fiori app Manage Master Production Orders enable users to:
- Assign production orders and master production orders to master production orders and combined production orders
- Unassign production orders and master production orders to master production orders and combined production orders
- Reread master data for master production orders
- Enable a business add-in (BAdI) for creating master production orders
Picture 2: Enhanced usability with additional features in the app
Demand and supply segmentation integration with ePP/DS
Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) is part of SAP S/4HANA from SAP S/4HANA OP 1709 onwards as ePP/DS (embedded Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling) with certain restrictions.
For information on specific restrictions in this release and the prerequisite notes implementation required for segmentation-PP/DS integration functionality, see restriction note 3163478
Segmentation is now integrated with ePP/DS.
With this 2022 release, you can now transfer the planning-relevant segmentation data such as master and transaction data (for example, sales orders and stocks) from SAP S/4HANA to PP/DS. You plan the critical products in PP/DS and transfer the planning results to SAP S/4HANA.
We enable demand and supply segmentation in planning processes of embedded production planning and detailed scheduling (ePP/DS) based on characteristic dependent planning (CDP) of production planning and detailed scheduling (PPDS):
- Integrate segmentation with ePP/DS (embedded) based on the CDP of PPDS
- Enable PPDS to work with replicated data to integrate segmentation in all relevant objects such as:
- Article and material
- Bills of material (BOM)
- Routing and production versions of segment-relevant articles
- Enhance live cache with segmentation so live cache pegging can consider segmentation strategy rules
- Integrate segmentation values of replicated documents to support CDP characteristic values in PPDS, including these documents as part of the scope:
- Sales order
- Purchase requisition, purchase order, stock transport order, stock, and batch
- Planned order, production order
Picture 3: Capacity Scheduling Table for Production Planner.
You can find more information about Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) in the Product Assistance. See Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling.
Supply assignment process updates for selection and assignment rule configurations
Configure Supply Selection Rule
With this new SAP Fiori app Configure Supply Selection Rule (App ID: F6500), you can define rules to maintain the selection criteria for the stock elements based on the stock types for selecting the supply during the assignment process. The supply selection rule defines the attributes and inclusion criteria used to select the stock from different supply documents. The supply selection rule can be included in the supply assignment rule if you want to overwrite the supply selection during the assignment process.
You can use this app to do the following:
- Display the list of existing supply selection rules and view their details.
- Change the existing supply selection rule.
- Configure a new supply selection rule for different stock types with attributes.
Picture 4: New SAP Fiori app to enable only certain stock elements to be considered during supply assignments.
You can find more information about Configure Supply Selection Rule in the Product Assistance.
See Configure Supply Selection Rule.
Configure Supply Assignment Rule – Enhancement
With this new 2022 release, we have enhanced the SAP Fiori app Configure Supply Assignment Rule, and you can now skip or ignore certain default field checks during supply assignments according to your business use case. You can also enter a supply selection rule in which you maintain the selection criteria for the stock elements based on the stock types to select the supply during the assignment.
Picture 5: Provide the flexibility to include or exclude stock elements.
You can find more information about the configuration in Product Assistance.
See Configure Supply Assignment Rule.
Multiship to order (MSO) process updates: ship-to, sold-to values and customer distribution by the business partner
The multi-ship-to-order (MSO) facilitates the mapping of business processes in which a corporation requires goods from you for any number of Ship-to customers or intermediate distribution centers. You can enter and process any number of Ship-to customers in one single order. You cannot deliver goods using this main MSO document. You can explode the main MSO document using a report. During the explosion process, the system creates individual sales documents (child multi-ship-to-order documents). This process allows you to deliver the goods to all the required Ship-to customers through these child MSO documents.
With this 2022 release:
- When you change the product details in MSO, the system retains the values for the business partners. This improves usability when a product is changed in MSO.
- You can create MSOs with different customer distribution centers for different business partners. With this feature, you have the flexibility to adjust a different distribution center (than the one determined by the business partners) via IDocs or BAPIs.
You can find more information about the Multi Ship-to Order in the Product Assistance.
See Multi Ship-to Order.
Segmentation Integration with Quality Management
Quality Management (QM) is a component of SAP S/4HANA that supports businesses implement and run quality control processes. It is designed to prevent defects, enable continuous process improvement, and establish sustained quality control programs. Potential benefits for the organization include compliance with manufacturing quality regulations, lower operating costs, and improved customer satisfaction.
You can use the functions of this component to implement the most important elements of a quality management system (QM system) that supports you in complying with standards such as ISO 9000.
SAP S/4HANA for fashion and vertical business supports the integration of segmentation with quality management during the production process. You can manage quality management at the segmentation level. Segmentation allows you to segment material based on quality.
With this 2022 release, you can now use the segmentation functionality with Quality Management during the production process:
- Assign inspection types based on the segmentation value
- Assign valid segmentation values to the inspection plans on the header level
- Set the different tolerance values for inspection characteristics based on segmentation
- Assign valid segmentation values to the inspection lots
- Display segmentation values in the inspection report and quality certificate
Picture 6: Improve quality management with segmentation functionality.
You can find more information about quality management in the Product Assistance.
See Quality Management (QM).
Thanks for reading this blog post.
If you are also interested in other Lines of Business, I would like to draw your attention to my link collection blog – The Link Collection
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community. This platform which is available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers and partners has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition, and SAP S/4HANA, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA 2022 “highlights in seconds” blog and video
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning website
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition release here
- SAP S/4HANA Community here
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- Join the SAP S/4HANA Movement
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here