Sales Performance CDS Views for Comparing Plan and Actual Data
Hi everyone, I am glad to share with you that two sales performance CDS views are now available in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2208.1 for building your own CDS views, queries, and analytical reports.
Sales planning and sales performance monitoring are important for roles such as sales managers. Sales managers can create sales plans in the Manage Sales Plans app, and compare plan data and actual data on various dimensions in the Sales Performance – Plan/Actual app.
Also, you can use the following CDS views to build custom CDS views, queries, and analytical reports:
- I_SlsPerformancePlanActualCube (Planned and Actual Sales Perf – Cube)
- C_SlsPerfPlanActualQuery (Planned and Actual Sales Perf – Query)
For more details about the released cube and query, please refer to:
- Planned and Actual Sales Perf – Cube | SAP Help Portal
- Planned and Actual Sales Perf – Query | SAP Help Portal
What You Can Do
The released CDS views retrieve sales performance data from your system, including plan and actual data. With the CDS views, you can:
- Build custom CDS views in Custom CDS Views app.
- Build custom analytical queries in the Custom Analytical Queries app.
- Create Web Dynpro apps based on the standard query (delivered by SAP) or your custom query.
- Build your own KPIs or reports in the Manage KPI and Reports app.
- Create your own SAC embedded stories using the Manage KPI and Reports app.
- Create your own SAC standalone stories.
How To Build Custom CDS Views？
You can build custom cubes or standard CDS views based on the cube (I_SlsPerformancePlanActualCube) in the Custom CDS Views app. The app provides the possibility to build your own content based on the Virtual Data Model (VDM) as well as on other custom content (e.g. custom business objects). For more details, please refer to Custom CDS Views | SAP Help Portal.
How To Create Custom Analytical Queries?
You can create custom queries in the Custom Analytical Queries app with the cube (I_SlsPerformancePlanActualCube) or by copying the standard query (C_SlsPerfPlanActualQuery). To get more details, please refer to Custom Analytical Queries | SAP Help Portal
How To Create Web Dynpro Apps?
You can build Web Dynpro-based sales performance reports based on the standard query (C_SlsPerfPlanActualQuery) in the View Browser app. For example:
To do so, please refer to the following:
How To Build Your Own KPIs and Reports?
You can also build your own KPIs and reports based on the standard query (C_SlsPerfPlanActualQuery) or your custom query. For more details, please refer to Manage KPIs and Reports | SAP Help Portal
How To Create SAC Embedded Story?
You can create embedded stories directly in the Manage KPIs and Reports app. You can consume the standard query (C_SlsPerfPlanActualQuery) or your custom query for the embedded SAC story, generate powerful data visualizations, and create tiles on SAP Fiori launchpad.
How to Create SAC Standalone Story?
The standard query (C_SlsPerfPlanActualQuery) and your custom query can be also used to create SAC standalone stories. For example:
You can refer to following simple steps.
- Logon to your standalone SAC story with your account.
- Click on the Connections menu button to create a connection to your SAP S/4 HANA system.
- Click on the Models menu button to create a new live model. Choose the standard query or your custom query as the data source.
- Click on the Stories menu button to start designing your SAC stories.
To know more about SAC stories, see SAP Analytics Cloud | SAP Community.
Hope you get something new from here. If you have any questions or ideas, please feel free to contact us.
To get start with sales planning: Blog – Getting Started with Manage Sales Plans in SAP S/4HANA