SuccessFactors Cross modules reports through Learning Canvas
I’m very much excited to share this information with you on SuccessFactors data collation in a report to ensure a great user experience. We will be going through the problem we faced and how we ended up with the best solution for our customers.
Customer Pain Points
Employee Learning & Development data was disseminated across multiple portals including Success Factors which was time intensive to access and users were disappointed.
Since multiple processes and forms were designed for a different set of employees in the organizations, the customer required a unified platform where employees and their managers can access all the scattered data in one place.
After analyzing Success Factor’s capabilities to fulfill the requirement from the SF reporting system. We faced challenges as it was expensive and time-consuming to bring all the data into SF, also the output of the SF Canvas reporting system was not meeting the business requirement as there are complex logics that were built-in to showcase the processed data.
We have proposed a different approach i.e., designing a web app with JAVA that will read flat CSV-based file which was scheduled from all the different existing systems and display it to the employee and the manager with a Role-based permission mechanism in place for data accessibility. Still, employees have to login as there was no SSO, which became another major challenge to tackle.
- Fetching all systems data into a unified customers server which should be automated and scheduled as well as dynamic – we were able to overcome this challenge by helping automate the Report schedule delivery from each of the subsystems to the customer’s internal server.
- Designing an SSO method to increase user experience and adoption – we were successfully able to implement SSO in JAVA App which will help users to get authenticated into Learning Canvas by their E-mail addresses stored in Microsoft Azure AD (Active Directory).
Figure a: Learning Canvas Architecture
- Navigate to the SuccessFactors Home page and select Learning Canvas Tile
Please refer to the link on creating Tiles/Dashboards on New Homepage in SuccessFactors.
- The link added in the tile will directly take the users to the Learning canvas dashboard as SSO is enabled.
Users will be able to access the document of their direct reports as well as themselves by clicking on the username displayed below.
- The sections available in the documents are mentioned at the extreme left of the page.
The documents contain user details and the data from SuccessFactors Performance forms for three consecutive years in separate columns as shown below.
The document can also be downloaded by clicking on the Download button
- The Data of SF 360 will be displayed in a separate section which contains the number of 360 forms that the user has and the completion status.
- The next section has data fetched from SF LMS which will convey the number of courses taken in a certain quarter and the passing results of the user.
- The last section is for 3i-Social (internal portal of the customer on user learning and development) and huddle (SAP Jam). The data relating to 3i-Social and huddle will be displayed at last with the number of activities the user performed for ex: Posts, Likes and Shares under the particular group.
With this article you would be able to understand how to automate the customized report delivery from multiple external portals to customer internal portals, which eventually will enhance user experience.
please note the images added in the blog are from our demo instance.
Thank you for taking your time, please like and share the blog for better reach.
Please follow my profile for more blogs.