New SAP Activate road map version 23Q1 – “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” (on premise)
The 23Q1 release of the “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” (on premise) road map has been published, and here are the most important things we have changed for you:
- As always, accelerators have been updated throughout the road map, to link you to newest information on SAP S/4HANA release 2022 FPS00 (e.g. release notes, feature scope description etc.).
- Much more focus has been taken on the topic of User Experience (UX), which is key for your project success. It now includes all the great UX content coming from the SAP Regional Implementation Group (RIG), and which has been published first in the “twin road map” for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition. Examples with many accelerators are new tasks proposing:
- An UX Strategy and Guiding Principles Workshop
- A Scope and Envision the Future Workshop
- UX tasks have been added throughout the road map. And in Realize phase, there is now a new activity / deliverable named “UX Implementation”.
- Many customers start with SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) when implementing SAP S/4HANA. Therefore we have enriched the content for SAP BTP. For instance, there is now a project preparatory task on the set up and configuration of SAP BTP.
- There are many new accelerators in the road map – as always mapped to the right task – we want you to make aware of. Here are two examples:
- Do you know you can now develop “cloud-ready” in SAP S/4HANA on premise? This is called “Embedded Steampunk“. First pilot customers implementing SAP S/4HANA are now starting with this extensibility option.
- Do you know that you can easily collect a data and usage profile of your SAP ECC system? This could be great input for your strategic new implementation of SAP S/4HANA, for both Fit-to-Standard and data migration. The data collection is a new scenario of the SAP Readiness Check tool.
Finally, with our road maps we have moved internally to a new backend system. This has two consequences for you:
- Our road map content is automatically synced into SAP Cloud ALM (SAP CALM). With the next content update of SAP CALM, you will see the 23Q1 activities and tasks automatically in SAP CALM. You can easily assign project team members there, and start implementing. Therefore, we have started positioning SAP CALM as a lightweight alternative to Focused Build in SAP Solution Manager as the project support tool from SAP. We will add even more SAP CALM content into the road map in future.
- The new backend system does not have full export functionality yet. Therefore, the 23Q1 project file templates have some small limitations. We are working on this. As a temporary work around and alternative option, we have added the full set of 22Q2 templates to the ZIP file.
You can find the new release of the “Transition to SAP S/4HANA” road map in the “SAP Roadmap Viewer”.
I hope you will enjoy it!
Wow, you described tons of exciting news, and the SAP Cloud ALM integration seems a giant step forward.