Approval Process for Upload Prices in Sales from template-based spreadsheet
As pricing specialist, you can maintain price by uploading spreadsheet. Price, as sensitive information, should follow Four Eyes Principal. Therefore, we can use Approval Process on the uploading function. In this blog, we focus on Approval Process. For uploading basic function, please refer to this blog.
Background and Configuration
You should know different Release Status before you move to this chapter.
In Excel Upload case, we skip “Blocked” Release Status, and condition record will trigger workflow directly.
There is no deletion action, so “Request Deletion” is not used.
Step2: Check condition record in Manage Prices – Sales app. User can see an “In Review” condition record.
Step3: Approver checks request in My Inbox app and click “Approve”.
Step4: Check condition record in Manage Prices – Sales app. User can see a “Released” condition record.
Step5: Download condition record and change condition amount, then upload it.
Step6: Check condition record in Manage Prices – Sales app. User can see a new “In Review” condition record and an original “Released” condition record.
Step7: Approver checks request in My Inbox app and click “Approve”.
Step8: Check condition record in Manage Prices – Sales app. User can see a “Released” condition record and find its amount changed.
Validation and Limitation
In create case
- User don’t need to input Release Status, all condition records will be checked whether they are satisfied workflow.
In update case
- User is not allowed to change Release Status manually.
- Compared Excel data with DB data, unchanged condition record will not trigger workflow. If a “Released” condition record satisfies workflow, any change (include its supplement, scale, condition description and so on) will trigger workflow.
- “In Review” / “Rejected” records are not allowed to change.
- If a condition record has last change and is still in approval, it is not allowed to change again.
In both case
- When a condition record is overlapped with “In Review” record, the condition record cannot be saved.
In this blog, we introduce the main process about Approval Process for Upload Prices in Sales. You can follow the Operation part step by step, then you will understand 2 cases clear.
Welcome to your questions and feedback to Comments.