Is RISE with SAP just old wine in new bottles again?
In 2015 I asked myself, Is S/4HANA just old wine in new bottles?
Since the announcement of RISE with SAP, I have been asking me the same question again.
Therefore, good old wine. Nevertheless, in my opinion, even better in its new bottle:
- ready-to-run cloud ERP
- fully managed, subscription-based cloud service
- general operation of the system does not need the customer to be involved
- 50% decrease in implementation cost
- 40-60% quicker time-to-value
- Cloud ERP for every business need
- Take your existing business processes and data with you
- Continuous business process improvements with BTP
- Leverage the cloud hyperscaler of your choice
- Industry next practices and extensibility
- Seamless patches and upgrades
- Industry specific solution support
- Analytics and business process transformation
- Outcome-driven services from SAP and our partners
- From outputs to outcomes in line with ITIL 4
If you asked me, IT systems should be transparent. I believe, their services should be consumable without noticing the underlying infrastructure. While moving from IaaS via PaaS to SaaS, what is needed are outcomes. RISE with SAP, therefore, has the right focus for me.