User Experience Insights
SAP Enterprise Product Development, Release 2211, is Here!
That’s right, everyone, the new 2211 release of SAP Enterprise Product Development is now available. Don’t miss out what’s new and what’s changed: See what’s new, or if you’re new to SAP Enterprise Product Development, to find information on installing, configuring, and using the software. The complete overview of the new and changed features in SAP Enterprise Product Development 2211 is available here: What’s New in SAP Enterprise Product Development.
Now, hold on tight, get ready to be wowed: This release doesn’t offer just one new capability, no, everyone, we’ve got three new capabilities:
- Configuration Management: Your configuration experts can set up configuration plans and create baselines to demonstrate the consistency of your products through their lifecycle.
- Innovation Management: Use a streamlined process to incubate your innovations, from initiating an idea campaign to evaluating and picking promising ideas that can bring benefit.
- Specification Management: Manage your specifications in a central repository – a single source of truth for your product-, raw material-, and packaging-related data.
And that’s not all, this release also offers you a new integration option:
Use the technical component PLMSI to integrate certain capabilities of your SAP Enterprise Product Development system with an SAP S/4HANA or SAP ERP system. In this release, you can use PLMSI to integrate Enterprise Product Structure and Collaboration Management. For more information, see About Integrating SAP Enterprise Product Development with SAP S/4HANA or SAP ERP.
We’ve also got a new thing on our SAP Help Portal page: Our What’s New information is now available in an interactive What’s New Viewer: As always, you get a brief description of each feature with a link to more detailed help, but now you can more easily filter the information and see the changes in a table or a list view.
Here’s what you can find on the SAP Help Portal page for SAP Enterprise Product Development:
- Feature Scope Description:
- What’s New Viewer for new and changed features
- Administration and Security Guides
- User Guides for our capabilities
- Information on integrating SAP Enterprise Product Development with other solutions
As always, we’d like to hear from you about how our help has helped you, so please use the feedback function at the lower right corner of the Help Portal screen. Just a hint: If you’d like an answer to your feedback, please enter your e-mail address so that we can get back in touch.
Hopefully this blog post has helped you find out what’s new with SAP Enterprise Product Development 2211? If so, share it with a friend. Like, share, subscribe, and look for more information on the SAP Help. Just go to https://help.sap.com/plm_epd.
And for those of you on LinkedIn, join the SAP PLM Expert Group for more updates on what’s going on in SAP Enterprise Product Development.
Drop a comment or follow me, there’s more to come.
When I go to SAP FIORI apps library website and search the apps related to configuration management none of those comes in results. I tried different ways of search no luck please let me know send me the link to those apps i need to know the UI path and other details to activate the apps. Is any licensing fee requirement or part of S/4 standard on premise core S4 2022/ 2023 offering? or only in cloud version ?