Modern Technology (MERN / MEAN) Stack Applications on BTP !
As we know that SAP every day expands its capabilities in the software industry as every day explores new technology which easy development and increases performance to fit customer requirements. so today I am happy to write about technologies on BTP . so after these blog series we can able to design and deploy our MERN & MEAN stacks on BTP .
First of all, we need to have a brief on Cloud Computing Models.
What are the Cloud Computing Models?
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) : model for managing remote data center infrastructures. such: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) : run and manage applications without the IT infrastructure. This makes it easier and faster to develop, test and deploy applications.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) : replaces the traditional on-device software with software that is licensed on a subscription basis. It is centrally hosted in the cloud. Such CX , C4C.
This is good, but what is related to SAP BTP?
What is SAP BTP?
BTP is PaaS (platform as a service) model. BTP provide us with 2 major features:
1- environment to Host, Run and manage Custome Apps .
2- Services: services form SAP team such as Workflow Service , Mobile Service , Hana DB Servic and Java service .
Let’s talk about the first point “Environment”
We have 2 environments:
- NEO Environment . “we will explain it in another Blog”.
- Multi Environment :
- Cloud Foundry. “which we will focus on “.
- Kyma Environment: we will discuss in other blogs but we can provide the definition today. Kyma is a fully managed Kubernetes-based runtime to develop cloud native applications and extensions on BTP. It enables deploying highly scalable, containerized microservices and supports development environments of choice, while being integrated to SAP’s platform services.
What is Cloud Foundry Environment?
Cloud Foundry provides a highly efficient, modern model for cloud native application delivery.
Cloud Foundry is a runtime environment that allows us to push or deploy our app . so in other words we can consider it as a layer on the Hardware data center to can mange it and deploy our app .
We can read more about cloud foundry here.
Whatever you use windows or Linux you can install CF through gitHub link.
Important and Basic CF CLI Commands
1. cf version
Version of CF CLI
2. cf login
Login to Cloud Foundry via CLI
-a API_URL Example: https://api.cf.eu10.hana.ondemand.com
-u USERNAME Example: Email ID
3. cf marketplace
Getting services from marketplace
4. cf buildpacks
Check What are all the App Buildpacks Can be used
5. cf apps
List all apps in the target space
6. cf start|stop|restart <app-name>
Start or Stop or Restart an App
7. cf logs <app-name> –recent
Check Logs of the App
8. cf app <App Name>
Check health and status for the app
9. cf scale <App Name> -i INSTANCES
Number of Instance of the App with i in integer
10. cf scale <App Name> -m
Memory limit example 256M, 1024G, 1G etc.
11. cf scale <App Name> -k
Disk Limit example 256M, 1024G, 1G etc.
12. cf delete <App Name>
Delete the App and -f for forced
What about Modern Technology MERN & MEAN Stack on BTP?
This is what we will discuss on the next Blog ISA, so Install Cloud Foundry and be Ready!
See you in the Next Blog!
SAP BTP is platform which has Neo, CF and kyma environments. these environments enable us to develop and deploy our custom applications with the latest technology MEAN / MERN stack.
You can follow me to have the recent blogs also very welcome to give any suggestion and your feedback.
- Cloud Foundry Environment
- Kyma Environment
- SAP Azure AWS Business Technology Platform (BTP)
- Top 3 cloud computing service models
- See also more blogs on SAP BTP, Cloud Foundry environment.
- See also more Q&A on SAP BTP, Cloud Foundry environment.