The SAP Fieldglass Wow Factor at Spend Connect
And connect we did! There was an abundance of energy and excitement for SAP Fieldglass at this year’s SAP Spend Connect event. Whether it was Accenture and Los Alamos National Lab sharing their stories on the main stage. Or Devon Energy recounting their vibrant journey. With clients like Chevron and Duke Energy participating in candid panel discussions – it was indeed an event that inspired and energized.
- The Accenture Adventure – we learned how they shifted their mindset of transforming from a cost center to a revenue center, using data and intelligence to continuously improve and drive value from a “living system.” Ultimately using SAP Fieldglass to elevate procurement within the organization and drive an outcome-focused mindset across all organizational levels.
- Devon Energy Journey – their decade long journey has experienced highs and lows, setbacks, and resource challenges. All arriving at what today they refer to as “Living the Dream”. With lessons learned such as conducting one-on-one training, a high-touch approach – “technology when you want, people when you don’t” and taking advantage of reporting capability to drive change. The biggest values from SAP Fieldglass were described as data structure, invoice automation, out-of-the-box integrated solutions and RPA bots.
- Chevron and Services Procurement – with a massive external workforce the challenges that come with it are complex and multifaceted. A key to their success is to refine and innovate their external workforce program through continuous change management such as recent innovations of managing contractual discounts and hierarchical structures.
- Sessions – Standing room only in most sessions with topics ranging from Driving Usability through User Experience to Integrations between SAP and SAP Fieldglass and Contract Management in SAP Fieldglass.
- Showroom floor – the demo kiosks were lively with waiting lines consisting of both existing and prospective clients wanting to know more about SAP Fieldglass solutions. The conversations were engaging, and people were eager to learn more about how we solve their challenges of managing the external workforce and services procurement.
The celebration night was a fantastic party and the first time many of us had been together in years, and the good feelings were all around. If your organization has never participated in a Spend Connect event, please consider joining us in the future for this opportunity for the superheroes of HR, IT and Procurement to connect.
In summary, we spoke to clients at various stages of maturity of their external workforce program, but the one constant connection was the realization that a Vendor Management System is critical to the path forward, and the passion at Spend Connect for SAP Fieldglass is a result of our over twenty years of leading and transforming how our customers find, engage, and manage their external workforce: contingent labor, consultants, and statements of work engagements.