Tiles/Dashboards on New Homepage
As SAP releases its revised Homepage globally for all its Successfactors Clients. This has further improved the User Experience on multiple fronts including faster access through Quick Action Tiles, enhanced Employee Branding through the Homepage Banner, and easier To-Do access through Engagement cards.
Fret not, We have an approach available that enables the Business Heads to have one-click access to the analytics directly on the Latest Homepage.
The Solution consists of a two-step approach as specified below.
- Configuration of the Dashboard with the tiles that are to be shared on the Homepage.
- We utilize the dashboard’s frame source URL to place in the Organizational Updates Custom Card with an Analytics image that suits our branding.
Step 1 : Configuration of Dashboard with Tiles.
- Navigate to the Report Center section from the Home dropdown menu.
- Click on New button and select Dashboard from the pop-up menu.
- Provide the Name of the Dashboard and click on Add Tiles to add the tiles to this dashboard.
Please note that one dashboard can consist of tiles from a single module so that appropriate filters can be used to reflect the data.
- From the tiles list, Select the tiles that we need to reflect from this dashboard. We can select multiple tiles as part of a single dashboard. It is recommended that analytics data pertaining to a particular process be included as part of a single dashboard so we can deploy a dataset filter in the dashboard.
- Under the Filters section, select the required filters and click on Save.
- Now, Run the Dashboard Report.
- On the dashboard console, Do a right click and click on the View Frame Source
- The System will open a different tab with the frame source specified in the URL section as highlighted in the below screenshot.
Copy the frame source from the”Https till the Ycdb ID” value and keep the content on a notepad.
Step 2 : Configuring Homepage Tile.
- Navigate to the Manage Homepage console and click on the Organization Updates
- Click on Add Card
- On the Add Custom Card pop-up, Provide the name of the card under the General step and upload the image that suits your branding for the dashboards at the Card Click Next once done.
- At the Navigation step, Select URL from the target dropdown, and under URL section, Paste the URL we copied earlier from the Dashboard Page source. Click Next.
- At the Assignment step, Configure the Target Audience for the dashboard and click Save.
6. Once saved, The configured custom card will be visible on the latest homepage under Organizational Updates
- When you click on the Custom card available on the Homepage, it will navigate the User to the dashboard.
The above solution provided a one-click to the dashboard tiles even on the latest homepage. The remaining functionalities and behavior of the tile is same. i.e. access to the tiles is to be enabled via the RBPs and the configuration could be under the Manage Dashboards option.
Hope the above approach helps with your Business Needs. Please feel free to share thoughts in the comments.
Find more about the Latest Homepage through the below blog.
Please note that the images shared in the blog are from our demo instances.