SAP ALM Analytics: SAP Cloud ALM Defects Dashboards
Goal of this blog post
In this blog, we will create a simple panel displaying analytics for Defects entities managed by SAP Cloud ALM with the ALM Grafana plugin.
- You have created a service key to your SAP Cloud ALM tenants (check this blog).
- You should configure a Grafana data source connected to your SAP Cloud ALM tenant.
- You have configured at least one project in your SAP Cloud ALM tenant. (check the SAP support portal)
ALM Defects Data Provider
The SAP Cloud ALM Defects data provider supports the following dimension:
|GUID||Internal GUID of the defect|
|project||project of the defect||yes|
|scopeName||Scope of the defect|
|statusText||Text of the defect status|
|role||Assigned role to the defect||yes|
|team||Team assigned to the defect||yes|
|dueDate||Due date of the defect|
|testCaseId||Test case ID||yes|
|testCaseName||Test Case Name|
|workstream||workstream of the defect|
|counter||Defect counter (Measures)|
From your Grafana instance, create a query for each project to be displayed in your dashboard:
- Add a Panel
- Select your SAP Cloud ALM “Data source”.
- Select the “Time Series” format.
- Select the data provider: “ALM Defects”
- Select the name of your project.
- Select the name of your project scope
- Select the following dimensions:
Select the “Bar Chart” visualisation with the following settings:
- Query transformation: Select the “Rename by regex” transformation to remove the measure name of the time-series legend. (Note: When multiple series are returned for a drill-down the name of the measure is automatically added to the name of the time-series).
- Query Options:
- Select “3M” as relative time option in the “Query Options” panel.
The result will show a bar chart displaying the progress over weeks for defects status for a given project managed in your SAP Cloud ALM instance.
In the next blog, we will create a panel displaying Requirements analytics.
Thanks for reading.