New Feature Release: OCR Only Schema
With this blog post we want to announce that Document Information Extraction has new features, as of November 9th, 2022, one of which is OCR-only Schema. Stay here to read more about this feature or jump to this blogpost to find out more about the further features of this feature release.
The new feature OCR-only Schema is here to serve users who wish to get the OCR output only, from Document Information Extraction, and as quickly as possible. To enable that, we now provide the pre-defined schema (SAP_OCROnly_schema). This allows users to request the OCR output.
Best parts about this feature:
- Support of use cases where the OCR-output only is required, e.g. for further custom processing in the target application.
- Access to additional advantages of SAP’s OCR feature such as: deskewing, derotation, or handwriting.
- Preparation of appropriate input for Business Entity Recognition. Business Entity Recognition is capable of detecting and highlighting any type of named entity in unstructured text. Therefore the OCR-only schema can be used to extract text from different types of documents to prepare the input.
All in all SAP_OCROnly_schema will allow for much faster document processing time.
Take a short look on the custom schemas:
Read more about the news of Document Information Extraction on the help portal!
What is Document Information Extraction?
Document Information Extraction is one of the SAP AI Business Services on the SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP). This ML-enabled service is available through the Cloud Platform Enterprise Agreement (CPEA) and also in the Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGO) model.
Tutorials & Learnings
- Simplify Business Document Processing with SAP AI Business Services
- Free Tier Option for Document Information Extraction