UI5 1.108 Long-Term Maintenance Release Is Here
To help you plan the upgrading, we want to let you know that version 1.108 of OpenUI5 and SAPUI5 is a Long-Term Maintenance (LTM) version. This version will get standard support until the end of 2027. UI5 1.108 is already available on our CDN for SAPUI5/OpenUI5.
What you should expect
When upgrading to UI5 1.108, you’ll get a number of new features plus of all the features we’ve delivered since v1.96. Including, but not limited to:
- New sap.ui.core.Element#closestTo method to replace the jQuery.fn.control extension function. (Note: You might need to add an outer loop when migrating your code to the new API!)
- Improved handling of aggregations in XML views
Enhanced OData V4 model
- Support for deferred delete scenarios
- New sap.ui.model.odata.v4.ODataModel#delete methods
- Support for inline creation rows
- New sap.ui.model.odata.v4.ODataModel#getKeepAliveContext method
Enhanced OData V2 model
- Support for deep create scenarios
- New sap.ui.model.ClientTreeBinding#getCount method
- New calendarWeekNumbering format option for sap.ui.core.format.DateFormat
- New sap.ui.model.oodata.v2.Context#delete method for deleting binding context irrespective of its status
Improved user experience
- New theme flavors of the Horizon visual theme of SAP Fiori
- Faster initial rendering of sap.m.List, sap.m.Table, sap.m.Tree controls
- Enablement of asynchronous loading of message details in sap.m.MessageBox
- New firstDayOfWeek property in sap.m.SinglePlanningCalendar
- New personalization panels with reuse content for various types of personalization
- New showClearIcon property in sap.m.ComboBox/MultiComboBox
- Configuration options for toolbar in sap.ui.richtexteditor.RichTextEditor (SAPUI5 only)
- Reworked design of the filter panel in the table personalization dialog of sap.ui.comp (SAPUI5 only)
- New file export capabilities in sap.ui.comp
- New uiStateChange event for sap.ui.comp.smartchart.SmartChart and sap.ui.comp.smarttable.SmartTable (SAPUI5 only)
Enhanced flexibility (SAPUI5 only)
- Filter unsaved changes and draft changes in key user adaptation
- Enablement of key user adaptation for TextArrangement annotation types in sap.ui.comp.smartfield.SmartField
- Enablement of add custom field scenarios in sap.ui.comp.smartfield.SmartFilterBar in key user adaptation
- Translation of UI changes done during key use adaptation (SAP BTP, CF environment)
- Keyboard interaction and accessibility improvements in sap.m.Carousel
- New or changed default role assignment in sap.m.List controls
- New API to change ARIA role assignment in sap.m.Link
- New titleLevel property in sap.m.MessagePage to set custom ARIA level
And there is more!
Check out our What’s New in the UI5 documentation for further information and get the full list of features coming with each release:
- What’s New in SAPUI5 1.108 | 1.107 | 1.106 | 1.105 | 1.104 | 1.103 | 1.102 | 1.101 | 1.100 | 1.99 | 1.98 | 1.97
- What’s New in OpenUI5 1.108 | 1.107 | 1.106 | 1.105 | 1.104 | 1.103 | 1.102 | 1.101 | 1.100 | 1.99 | 1.98 | 1.97
Additionally, your can benefit from hundreds of bug fixes and improvements that have been shipped since then. Therefore, we recommend moving to UI5 1.108 once it becomes available for you.
Want to keep up with UI5 announcements? Then subscribe to our UI5 Announcement mailing list!
For the UI5 Development team, Margot
Is it possible to install sapui5 1.108 on S4HANA ON PREMISE 2022?
I can't fint any sap note to do it, and my current system is in 1.102.
Hi Severin de Beaulieu
as usual the long term maintenance version (1.108) is coming with the first FPS (usually within Q1/2023).
That´s why end of maintenance for 1.102 is end of Q1/2023
See blogpost from Margot https://blogs.sap.com/2022/12/05/ui5-releases-ending-service-in-2023/
And here the current versions https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/versionoverview.html
Well, the answer to this is "not yet". As you can see in SAP Note 2217489 the comprised SAP_UI component for S/4H 2022 is currently only available with the interim SAPUI5 version 1.102. But SAP_UI 7.57 SP02 will upgrade the SAPUI5 version to 1.108. You can find the schedule for the delivery of SAP_UI support packages on this page in the SAP Support Portal. According to this page, the planned delivery date is Feb. 22, 2023.
Is it possible to update SAP_UI SP only without updating SAP FES 2022?
In this case SAP_UI 757 0001 => SAP_UI 757 0002 (SAP FES 2022 SP00) which contains long term maintenance version (1.108).
I can't find any sap note about this.
Using MP the update of SAP FES 2022 SP01 provides SAP_UI 757 0002.
Sorry, I am not an SAP Basis expert. You might want to ask this question in the Answer Forum ...