Prerequisites for the SAP HANA Cloud Machine Learning Challenge “I quit!” – How to prevent employee churn”
The SAP HANA Cloud Machine Learning challenge “I quit!” – How to prevent employee churn” is coming closer and closer which is why we already want to give you an overview of the pre-requisites you/your system needs to fulfill in order to participate in the challenge.
- You will need an SAP HANA Cloud instance. Free tier or trial are not compatible with the challenge contents. If you don’t have an adequate set-up, please reach out to the team to get access to a suitable instance.
- You need to have a local Python environment (You need to use version 3.4 – 3.8)
- Install Python Machine Learning client for HANA
- Please take a look at the technical prerequisites at https://pypi.org/project/hana-ml/ or in the documentation
- Please test the connection from your python environment to SAP HANA Cloud
- Read this blogpost for an example APL hands-on blogpost (how to set up your local python environment)
- Access the challenge data set via this Jupyter Notebook example
Prior to the challenge, we are happy to offer “open office hours” where you can join our experts to get your open questions on the prerequisites answered. Please find the slots offered below:
|November 22, 2022||Open Office Hour Prerequisites|
|November 24, 2022||Open Office Hour Prerequisites|
|November 28, 2022||Official Challenge Kick-off | Join here|
|November 29, 2022 (9AM CET)||Open Office Hour Challenge (Asia Pacific & European time zone)|
|December 1, 2022 (5PM CET)||Open Office Hour Challenge (European & American time zone)|
|December 6, 2022(9AM CET)||Open Office Hour Challenge (Asia Pacific & European time zone)|
|December 8, 2022(5PM CET)||Open Office Hour Challenge (European & American time zone)|
|December 13, 2022(9AM CET)||Open Office Hour Challenge (Asia Pacific & European time zone)|
|December 15, 2022(5PM CET)||Open Office Hour Challenge (European & American time zone)|
|December 16, 2022||
End of the challenge + Presentation slots for your solution
· Slot 1 (8AM CET): Asia Pacific & European time zone
· Slot 2 (4PM CET): European and American time zone
|CW51, 2022||Announcement of the winners|
|CW4, 2023||Community Call with the winners|
Don’t miss out on our SAP Community Call: “I quit!” – How to prevent employee churn! where we will officially kick-off our SAP HANA Cloud machine learning challenge 2022.
Also, don’t forget to tag your fellow machine learning enthusiasts in the comments to make them aware of the challenge.
We look forward to your participation in the challenge!
All the best,
Susen on behalf the SAP HANA Cloud Machine Learning challenge team
Do you already want to learn more about SAP HANA Cloud’s machine learning capabilities? Then, check out these resources.
- Blogpost: Hands-On Tutorial: Leverage SAP HANA Machine Learning in the Cloud through the Predictive Analysis Library
- Blogpost: Hands-On Tutorial: Automated Predictive (APL) in SAP HANA Cloud
- Blogpost: Data Yoga-It is all about finding the right balance
- Video: Build your Machine Learning Scenario for your SAP HANA Cloud application from Python
- Video: Intelligence out of the Box – Native Machine Learning in SAP HANA Cloud | SAP Community Call
- Find a list of all scheduled SAP Community Calls here
Do you have questions regarding another topic? Ask the SAP Community.
* Please note that you will need to separately register for SAP Groups.