More Automation with SAP Master Data Governance, cloud edition 2211
A recent SAP Community blog post by Andreas Seifried outlines the benefits of getting high-quality master data and speeding up data creation through data provider integration. This was introduced with SAP Master Data Governance, cloud edition 2205.
As explained in Andreas’ blog post, the data creation screen features a “Look Up and Create” button which brings you to a list of reference data from CDQ’s data sources, from where you can select the appropriate record and include related high-quality information in the data creation process.
Data Provider Integration in Creation AND Change Processes
Now adding to this, a “Look Up and Enrich” button enables you to search additional reference data also for existing Business Partner records as you can see in the following.
- To search for additional reference data for an existing Business Partner record, click on Look up and Enrich.
- The existing information about the Business Partner record is used to search for reference records from CDQ.
- From the list of found reference records, pick the record of interest.
- When you select Enrich, the Business Partner record is augmented with additional data from proven sources.
Processing speed and data quality are crucial for effective master data governance. This is why we are bringing in more automation and controlled data quality in master data creation and change processes.
Additional enhancements include export capabilities for business partner data when running a master data process:
- In the validation step, you can download erroneous records including messages. This allows offline corrections in spreadsheet format and a re-import into a new mass change process.
- In the activation step, you can download active records to track and document the result of a mass process.
We have also revamped the handling of Business Partner relationships as shown in this quick video tutorial.
To watch the video, click here.
To get a comprehensive picture of SAP Master Data Governance, cloud edition, see also this functional scope presentation.
To stay up to date with what’s going on in SAP Master Data Governance, simply follow the SAP Community Topic Page for SAP Master Data Governance and join the Q&A and discussion forum.