Learn how to add attachments to a SAP Support Incident !
Let’s get started and see how an attachment can be added to an SAP Support Incident. With most SAP incidents, we have a requirement to attach documents to showcase the issue to the expert for a better understanding and a quick resolution.
Let’s take a closer look at the steps and see how exactly we can add up the attachment. So, while creating a new support incident, you would come across the ‘Add attachment’ function once you have filled in all the required fields of the incident. You can add multiple attachments at once in the incident.
Here are the steps:
- Just click on ‘+’ icon to upload the document and please be advised each file attached should be less than 250MB.
- Find out more about accepted attachment file types by referring SAP note# 1277146
- Each file you attach will have its own description and you could mark it as ‘Confidential’ data (or if EUDP/CNDP relevant)
- Then click ‘OK’
Now will look more at how you can add attachment to an existing incident.
- When you open the incident and then click on edit option, you will find an option ‘ Add an attachment’ .
- Just click on the ‘+’ icon ( Add an attachment) Each attachment has a maximum file size of 250MB.
- Mention the file description and if required, you can mark it as personal or confidential data.
- Click on add.
So above is the simple steps on adding a new attachment and you can just repeat the same process in case you would want to add more attachment.
At times, we mistakenly add an incorrect attachment to an incident and wish to delete it but not sure on how to do it. So, now let’s see how is this possible to remove an attachment from the incident.
Important Note: You can only delete an attachment from the incident only if the incident is not sent to SAP queue. And you just need to click on ‘ Delete’ button in the attachment.
There are few exceptional cases which SAP would consider to delete the attachment and it is when the attachment contains Customer’s confidential information. However, that is something which is not guaranteed that such requests will be approved because the SAP Security teams would review the request and make the decision either to approve or deny.
But in case, you have submitted an incident with incorrect attachment and wish to get it removed then raise an incident under the component XX-SER-SAPSMP-LAUNCH and mention the below details such as ;
- Detailed explanation why such attachment needs to be deleted
- Kindly mention the incident number and attach the file name along with the description.
And then it would be completely the decision on SAP Security on how to proceed whether to approve or reject the request.
You can contact CIC (Customer Interaction Center) for assistance if you need any further guidance. The Customer Interaction Center can be contacted by Phone , Expert Chat and by email.
Thanks for reading!
We hope you found this helpful. Please note that the Customer Interaction Center is always happy to guide you on any of the mentioned processes and assist you with any queries you may have!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us in the Q&A All Questions in Customer Experience | SAP Community and All Questions in Support Services | SAP Community
We would love to hear from you, let us know what you think?
Read more Customer Interaction Center blog posts Here!