TOP 5 expected new SAC functionality in 2023
In continuation of my last year’s blog, I decided to make my top 5 for the upcoming 2023.
For the source, I also took the roadmap explorer already known to everyone.
As you can see, at the time of writing the blog, there are already more than 50 planned updates.
Some migrated from 2022 (for example, the expected live sql), but most are new.
At the moment, most of the functional sections fall on Q1 2023:
TOP 5 FAVORITES LIST
1.Optimized Story Experience – Analytic Application Integration and Phase 3 Improvements
Description: Support essential story features that enable content creators to build even-more-complex stories using the optimized story experience.
New features planned with the optimized story experience:
- Integration of analytics designer capabilities and the design experience
- Support for custom widgets
- Ability to define a theme with CSS and apply the theme to stories
- Ability to subscribe data changes and receive alert notifications on desktop and mobile devices
- More-advanced responsive layout that allows overlapping of widgets
- Containers such as pop up, tab strip, and page book
- Ad hoc table analysis through the navigation panel
- Graphic view of linked analysis to manage the definition of linked analysis
- Vertical filtering experience
- Dynamic widget position and visibility
- Dynamic text to support last-refreshed date and time for BW sources
2.Composite widgets as reusable widgets in analytic applications
When is it planned: Q2 2023 (carried over from previous year)
Description: Composite widgets as reusable widgets in analytic applications (phase one):
- Basic features for creating composite widgets
- Basic features for consuming composite widgets in analytic applications
Enable the application designer to leverage composite widgets across analytic applications to:
- Modularize applications
- Maintain applications more easily
- Speed up development time
3.Combine Data in New Model Import Jobs
Description: Dataframes manipulation capability, similar to R or the Python Pandas library. Dataframes will be manipulated via expressions in the wrangler expression language
- Ability to create, manipulate and combine dataframes
- Definition of all transformations: named output of the transformation graph:
- Name objects for further reuse in other expressions
- Manipulate dataframes: representations of a dataset at different points of transformation
4.Live BW features: ability to calculate the difference between two time periods & support for data point commenting
When is it planned: Q1 2023 (new)
- Live BW – ability to calculate the difference between two time periods.
Description: Enables the content creator to calculate the difference between measure values from two time periods
- Supports the “difference from” calculation in the calculation editor for models based on a live connection to SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW) from SAP Analytics Cloud
- Closes the feature gap between models based on SAP HANA and remote SAP BW models
2. Live BW – support for data point commenting
Description: Provide end users with the possibility to use data point comments on a table or a comment widget when using a live connection
- Use comments in tables (data point comments) and the comment widget
- Add, edit, or delete comments
- Store comments in SAP BW and consume comments in SAP Analysis for Microsoft Office and vice versa
5.Live connectivity to SQL sources
When is it planned: Q4 2023 (carried over from previous year)
Description: Connect to data contained in SQL databases, without replication, which is especially useful in the case of data lakes.
By tradition, write in the comments about your top-5 expected features in SAC in the next 2023.
And do you think live sql will migrate to 2024? 🙂