Get Ready for TechEd 2022 with these 10 SAP Business Technology Platform Use Cases
It’s time to get ready for SAP TechEd 2022!
Starting November 15-16th 2022, SAP TechEd 2022 is available both as a virtual and an in-person events. SAP TechEd Hands-On Lab offers immersive hands-on learning along with face-to-face networking and skill-trading in Las Vegas, Nevada, and our virtual SAP TechEd offers a chance for you to access the session content, keynote, workshops, and customer stories for free with registration.
We’re excited to share with you these 10 SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) use cases in this blog. You can build your personal agenda for TechEd with reference to these use cases as the sessions are mapped to each of the use cases. familiarize yourself with SAP’s areas of focus and how our customers are driving value using SAP BTP, as these use cases will be embedded in different sessions.
[This blog has been updated on January 13th, 2023]
What is a SAP BTP Use Case? What is it for?
In my last blog on our four use cases we shared during Sapphire 2022, I’ve explained that a use case is a set of steps and description on how to achieve certain business value. In short, how to ‘use’ the technology and work process to prove a ‘case’ of business value or a desirable business outcome. Use cases are built to enable SAP customers – from business users to developers alike – with customer-proven, business outcome-driven examples to accelerate the understanding and adoption of the SAP BTP. They are actionable and repeatable, ready to be implemented.
Use cases and business go together. My colleague Mark Wright explains business content as the pre-built content based on SAP experience and actual customer usage, that can be deployed as part of a specific SAP BTP service; think of business contents as your favourite jar of pasta sauce for a quick, satisfying pasta dinner.
“Our 10 new SAP BTP use cases to be released at SAP TechEd 2022 address some of the most common problems our customers face on their digital transformation journey…The use cases include well-documented implementation steps in SAP Discovery Center”
Juergen Mueller, chief technology officer and member of the Executive Board, SAP (SAP Business Technology Platform: With Use Cases Back to its Roots and into the Cloud)
10 Use Cases for SAP TechEd 2022
Users and Goals: Your business is going through critical business process changes that requires IT to extend the existing applications. It’s important for the business to be able to continue their day-to-day activities without disruption while the process change gets implemented promptly.
Course of action: Application developer leverages out-of-the box SAP S/4HANA Cloud business events to create custom validation to increase efficiency, while using unit tests and automation to increase stability and agility.
To learn more about this Use Case at TechEd…
- Innovating with SAP BTP at Roche to Deliver Value for the Business
- How to Build Business Extensions and Implement Use Cases on SAP BTP
- Boost Application Verticalization, Customization, and Composition
Users and Goals: Higher-level business task approver needs maximum efficiency to approve critical business task that spans across different lines of businesses.
- Enable, Configure, and Integrate a Central Inbox on SAP BTP
- SAP Mobile Start – The Intelligent Enterprise at Your Fingertips
- The Integration Effect: Realize Business Value for Your Company
Users and Goals: Recent IT audit flags the need for contingency plan for possible regional failover due to natural disasters
Course of action: IT incorporates SAP BTP to allow SAP backend failover switch to also switch routing traffic targets automatically, without the need to touch SAP S/4HANA backend configurations. By provisioning hyperscaler traffic management solutions such as Azure Traffic Manager in SAP Integration Suite, traffic gets routed accordingly.
- SAP Integration Suite – Overview, Recent Innovations, and Road Map
- Modernize Integrations by Evolving to SAP Integration Suite
- Learn How to Set Up and Configure SAP Mobile Start with SAP S/4HANA
Users and Goals: Your CRM data has not been updated for over a year, and executives determine the customer data coming from physical stores, online store and other channels require IT to integrate different customer data points for accurate and real-time customer data.
Course of action: Lead architect leverages SAP Integration Suite API Management and 40+ prebuilt contents to manage omnichannel access, while creating Digital Integration Hub to insulate heterogenous transaction backends.
- Achieving Composability with a Digital Integration Hub
- Business Process Integration Scenarios and API Strategy for SAP S/4HANA
Users and Goals: Year-end financials reveals high overtime costs of administrative employees, and employee survey responses mention increases in tedious document processing tasks are the main causes of this increase in cost. To increase efficiency, IT is introducing SAP Build Process Automation to process and approve invoices faster.
Course of action: IT leverages workflow management and task automation with SAP Process Automation, automating document processing to the target system. This in turn frees employees from manual and error-prone tasks to dedicate their time and focus on high-value work.
- Extend and Improve Standard Application Processes Easily
- Automate Arvato Systems – Bertelsmann Using SAP Build Process Automation
- Improve, Automate, and Extend Business Processes with SAP Build Low-Code/No-Code Tools
Users and Goals: Human Resources department of the business determines that a extending the scheduling application to mobile will increase shift rotation efficiency. IT recommends HR business user with the understanding of business challenges and needs to utilize SAP’s low-code/no-code solutions.
Course of action: Freeing up IT resources, HR business user with no previous coding experience leverages SAP Build Apps to create native mobile applications using real-time data from SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central.
- Visually Build a Full-Stack Application with SAP Build Apps
- Build Mashups for SAP Service Cloud Easily with SAP Build Apps
- Mobile Experience Solutions from SAP – Strategy and Portfolio
- Compose Enterprise-Grade Mobile Apps on SAP BTP
Users and Goals: Your organization runs ABAP-based solutions with custom code. Management has decided that with ABAP’s competitive cost of development, moving to Cloud and extending SAP S/4HANA will drive growth.
Course of action: To realize their new IT strategy of moving to Cloud, IT builds side-by-side extension by leveraging existing data in SAP S/4HANA in SAP Business Technology Platform, ABAP environment with ABAP ADT and OData Service.
- Learn About Our ABAP Platform Extensibility Strategy
- Get an Overview and Future Road Map of SAP BTP, ABAP Environment
- Build and Extend Apps with ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model
Users and Goals: Leveraging the existing SAP and Microsoft ecosystems, your business is looking to streamline business processes for supplier collaboration.
- Using Microsoft Teams for Seamless Collaboration on Contracts
- Building the ERP Strategy for 2030: Emerging Technology Trends
Users and Goals: Your company’s data is spread across different Hyperscalers. IT has been replicating data from different sources into one analytical datastore, but data duplication and lack of real-time data has been frustrating for the data scientists.
Course of action: Leveraging SAP Data Warehouse Cloud’s data federation, IT combines SAP business data together with the data from Hyperscalers, enabling access to real-time data. Data scientists can run machine learning experiments using FedML library as well.
- Unify Your Data and Unlock the Potential of Your Business
- Explore SAP Data Warehouse Cloud from A to Z
- The Future of Data Management and Data Warehousing
Users and Goals: Your Finance department wants to move away from old school way of conducting Operational and Strategic financial planning in Excel. Real-time insights and ability to take prescriptive actions are becoming more critical.
Course of action: With an understanding that live connectivity between planning and source financials is integral, IT integrates SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud for planning. This provides a unified solution that connects planning across lines of businesses.
- SAP Analytics Solutions: Road Map and Strategy
- Create Your Analytics and Planning Applications in One Design-Time Artifact
- Build an Integrated Planning Scenario with Data and Analytics Solutions
Experience the SAP BTP Use Cases at SAP TechEd
With these use cases you are ready to dive deeper and learn more at this year’s SAP TechEd. Here’s a great Community Topic Page that captures provides additional learning content for developers for each of these 10 use cases, as well as direction on which sessions you can attend to learn more. You can also get started on these use cases now with Discovery Centre Missions for these ten use cases, or take a look at our new SAP BTP Use Case explainer videos.
We look forward to connecting with you, whether you are joining us virtually or in-person.