SAP ALM Analytics: Dashboards Navigation
Goal of this blog post
In this blog, we will link 2 dashboards (overview and details) with a contextual navigation between Projects and Tasks entities managed by SAP Cloud ALM with the SAP ALM Grafana plugin.
The details dashboard is parametrised with two variables for project and scope.
The overview dashboard uses a url link to navigate to the target dashboard passing the variable values for project and scope.
- You have created a service key to your SAP Cloud ALM tenants (check this blog).
- You should configure a Grafana data source connected to your SAP Cloud ALM tenant.
- You have configured at least one project in your SAP Cloud ALM tenant. (check the SAP support portal).
In the details dashboard, we will enrich the dashboard created for Tasks in this blog with variables:
Add dashboard variables
- From the dashboards settings, navigate to the variables section.
- Add two variables of type custom:
- Update the target panel by using the variables in the filters section:
In the overview dashboard, we use a panel displaying the status of several projects as described in this blog:
Add the Data Link
- Edit the source panel
- In the parameters section, select the Data Link options
- Use the address of the details panel and enter the parameters resolutions for project and scope:
The navigation between the source dashboard and the target dashboard is triggered with a navigation click from the source panel.
In the next blog, we will build a dashboard for SAP Cloud ALM Defects.
Thanks for reading