Product Updates for SAP Business Application Studio – Release 2210
release 2210 of SAP Business Application Studio is now available for our customers. This blog post highlights some of the new features included in release 2210.
Centralized validation support
Project Validation is a progressive framework aiming at increasing the project robustness by automatically triggering background validation tasks for various actions, such as: create, edit, or delete. This makes it possible to uncover potential issues at an early stage. It takes advantage of existing SAP technologies like the SAP Cloud Application Programming Model (CAP), the SAP Mobile Development Kit (MDK), and SAP Fiori elements as well as playing a coordinator role to dispatch validation events with results.
- While the user is creating low-code applications with the SAP Business Application Studio, they can operate on various artifacts like database or service entities.
- When the operation is done, the background task can be automatically triggered accurately to invoke corresponding validators available in the current dev-space.
- Once the validation result is out, the user will be notified by the problems view on the bottom in case of errors.
- Before the user previews or deploys the project, it will also trigger validation and display errors if any with subsequent procedures blocked.
Please note that Project Validation is not yet supported for SAP Fiori elements app. This is planned for one of the next releases.
Application Logic – Management UI
The application logic is built on the top of the event handler of the SAP Cloud Application Programming Model (CAP). It includes CAP action / function as well, which could be generated via a visual approach in the SAP Business Application Studio low-code environment. It could be used to extend the OData service with customized logic, and to serve more UI integration scenarios.
As of Q3, the main focus of the management UI is on the function generation of the CAP event handler and function stub generation of application logic.
For further information please have a look at the “What’s new” information for SAP Business Application Studio.
Create a CapEx registration app on SAP BTP with SAP Business Application Studio
Watch the demo session from our Hyperautomation Community Series to learn how to create a CapEx registration app on SAP Business Technology Platform with SAP Business Application Studio. Capital Expenditure (CapEx) is a process of getting assets for your company that are relevant for the balance sheets. It includes creating a request and getting approval for it.
SAP Business Application Studio at Devtoberfest 2022
Devtoberfest is a great opportunity to learn, have fun and connect with fellow SAP developers. This year’s edition offered one day packed with low-code and no-code related sessions.
In case you missed it, you can find the recordings of all sessions related to SAP Business Application Studio now on YouTube.
SAP Business Application Studio at SAP TechEd 2022
You want to learn more about application development with SAP Business Application Studio? Then join us at SAP TechEd 2022, November 15 – 16!
This year SAP TechEd is a hybrid event, combining
- A unique virtual experience, which is accessible to everyone. Registration is free.
- An in-person, face-to-face experience that is hosted at The Mirage in Las Vegas. A registration fee applies and capacity is limited.
This SAP TechEd blog post lists all the sessions planned for you to learn how our developer tools, frameworks and programming models can help you to build extensions and develop enterprise-ready applications faster.