SAP Universal ID: Tips and Tricks
As you all might know already, starting in October 2022, SAP Universal ID will be the standard account for logging in to the SAP Portals.
If you do not have an SAP Universal ID account yet, don’t worry, you can create a brand new one by simply clicking on the following link: Create your SAP Universal ID.
For more information in regards of the creation and the benefits of Universal ID, please have a quick look at the below blogs and documentations:
- Helpful Tips from the Customer Interaction Center – SAP Universal ID
- Creation and Benefits of Universal ID
- SAP News Center
- SAP Universal ID – FAQ
Now that you know everything about Universal ID, lets see how you can link your User IDs to it in 3 little steps:
- Go on Universal ID Account Manager
- Log in with your Universal ID + Universal ID password (not with your S User ID)
- Go on the “Accounts” section –> “not linked” tab –> link your S/P User ID to your UID
Important to remember: now that your Universal ID set up is completed, to be able to access our SAP portals you would need to use your Universal ID and password, not your S User ID password.
- 2948407 – Which SAP sites/platforms support SAP Universal ID login?
Helpful tips in case of UID linking issues
In case you are facing difficulties on linking your User IDs to your UID, please find below few hints that might come across as helpful to you.
- To start, please note that Internet Explorer do not support the Universal ID application.
- Second, before following any of the below steps, we always suggest to clear cache and cookies and restart your browser.
Now, let’s start!
- I can’t see my S User ID listed
In case you have a brand new S User ID that it hasn’t been activated yet, before adding the S User ID to your Universal ID, the S User ID needs to be activated by setting its password, otherwise you won’t be able to see it listed in your UID “Account” – “Not Linked” section.
This issue can also happen in case your S User ID expired, and its expired date has just been extended.
To set and reset an S User ID password, you can follow the steps mentioned in the following blog: How to reset your S-user password.
- 3027144 – Cannot add a newly-created S-user ID to SAP Universal ID
- My S User ID was link to my UID, but it is not anymore
This issue can happen in case you change the email address associated with your S User ID because the UID it is linked to will no longer recognize it.
But don’t worry, you will only need to add the updated S User ID email to your UID Account Manager by clicking ‘add accounts’.
- 3044790 – Having Universal ID issues after changing S-user email address
- Who can I contact?
For any further technical issue with your SAP Universal ID account, or if you would like to unlink any of your User IDs from it, please contact the Universal ID technical team via creating an incident on the SAP One Support Launchpad or SAP For Me portal for the component XX-SER-UID.
If you don’t own an S User ID or have the authorizations to create an incident as per above, don’t worry, here at Customer Interaction Center we will be happy to help!
We hope you found this guide helpful. Please know that the Customer Interaction Center is always happy to help and answer any questions you may have. You can contact us here.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us in the Q&A All Questions in Customer Experience | SAP Community and All Questions in Support Services | SAP Community
Read more Customer Interaction Center blog posts here!