Custom tokens for Onboarding 2.0 email notifications
Custom Tokens for Onboarding 2.0 Email Notifications
This is long time requirement for most of the customers, as custom tokens in Onboarding 1.0 is feasible and it is expected to be available in Onboarding 2.0 also.
It’s a great start from SAP and in the 2H 2022 new release SAP has brought in the custom token’s functionality into availability with some limitations for now.
Below are the steps/actions on how to configure custom tokens in Onboarding 2.0.
High level steps
- Create the custom token template content using Document Generation- Manage Document Template.
- Map the custom tokens using Document Generation- Manage Document Template Mapping.
- Insert the custom tokens in the email template in Email Services.
- Access Document Generation- Manage Document Template from Admin centre
- Search for Manage Document Template from create new
- Name the template ID exactly as EMAIL_CUSTOM_TOKEN_MAPPING (Note: Addition to the default one created, you need to create another with an extension of EN_US/EN_GB at the end Ex: EMAIL_CUSTOM_TOKEN_MAPPING_EN_US depending on the additional locales you are configuring)
- Enter the details in rest of the fields as needed
- Create the tokens using place holders in Template Content as needed and save
- Map the custom tokens from Document Generation- Manage Document Template Mapping
After mapping, you can now use the custom tokens and can insert the custom tokens in the email template in Email Services.
Only the tokens that are mapped in Document Generation-Manage Document Template Mapping will appear in the email template token list
Note that, there are still some limitations.
- Fields from custom MDF objects cannot be mapped to custom tokens.
- Custom tokens are not supported in templates with trigger (ONB) Suite mapping error Trigger.
- Custom tokens are not supported in Nudge email notifications.
Expecting these limitations to be covered also in the upcoming releases which will best support Onboarding 2.0 module for extended/enhanced customer implementations.
To summarize: Provided information on the new functionality availability of Custom Tokens for Onboarding 2.0 Email Notifications, along with the high level and configuration steps to achieve and the current limitations.
Please feel free to add any additional information/feedback in the comments.