Managing employees rehired during the same fiscal year than Termination in Variable Pay
In this 30 minutes recording we look at how to handle the following requirement in Variable Pay : for employees who were rehired only a few weeks or months after they left the company only use the active record(s) after the Rehire event to calculate a prorated bonus for them.
It took about 40 hours of work to conceptualize and build to meet the requirements of a customer in Retail that has 1,500 employees that terminate and get rehired a few weeks/months later every fiscal year.
It is not easy to build in Variable Pay because :
- Nothing differentiate the Active record(s) before Termination from the Active record(s) after Termination.
- There are no business rule functions that allow us to scan through Job Info in a way that is compatible with business rule type = “Variable Pay Eligibility” which we must use to retrieve EC records within the fiscal year dates.
This recording explains the following :
- The creation of an effective dated custom object (MDF) compatible with Variable Pay record rules.
- The creation of 2 integration center jobs (with hardcoded effectiveStartDate set to 1/1/1970) that will populate a “Termination Date” custom field of the MDF upon termination and that will not override that date after Rehire so it can be used in our records eligibility rules.
- How to run an adhoc report and load its data into a custom MDF object.
Please note : in the recording I use a fixed date for the integration center jobs of 1/1/2021 which created issues towards the end of the recording when I tested my setup because my test user’s active record before Termination hadn’t changed since 2020. For that reason we should be using 1/1/1970 (1970-01-01T00:00:00Z) or any other date old enough that it can also capture employees who have had no change in job information in a long time.
All the best,
(If you found this blog useful please consider giving it a Like)