Microsoft Outlook® Integration with SAP Business ByDesign in 2211
This blog describes the new features of SAP Business ByDesign Add-in for Microsoft Outlook released in 2211 release. With 2208 release, the SAP Business ByD outlook addin is released as controlled availability for selected customers. In 2211 release, this outlook add-in is released as general availability for all customers.
The SAP Business ByDesign Add-in for Microsoft Outlook could be used to exchange information between Microsoft Outlook and SAP Business ByDesign.The new SAP Business ByDesign Add-in supports all existing functionalities that the previous versions of add-in provided, and has been enhanced with some new features in 2211.
Please visit below video to have an overview about new capabilities of SAP Business ByDesign Add-in for Microsoft Outlook in 2211.
- Business users can use the new SAP Business ByDesign Add-in with the 64-bit versions of Microsoft Outlook. The new ByDesign Add-in works with desktop versions of outlook on windows. Currently, the Add-in doesn’t support the Microsoft Outlook for Mac, online versions of Outlook, Outlook for iOS and Outlook for Android.
- The connectivity is improved by the Auto Logon function. The Add-in will automatically connect to the ByDesign system when Outlook opens. The user does not need to manually enter the authentication information again.
Logon page with Auto Logon function
- Business Users can create a new account from new SAP Business ByDesign add-in to SAP Business ByDesign system,which brings users a lot of convenience. Create new account from Add-in
- The UI of ‘Associate with’ form is improved. Business users can personalize columns display of the associated objects and direct access to the factsheet of associated ByDesign objects. Column’s personalization and links to ByDesign Accounts
- Business Users can check more technical information, including payloads, HTTP logs, connectivity logs from Technical Information of SAP Business ByDesign add-in. Technical Information in Add-in
Benefits for Customers
The customers can use the SAP Business ByDesign Add-in with 64-bit version of Microsoft Outlook to exchange the information between Outlook and SAP Business ByDesign system.
The new add-in is available in all languages supported by SAP Business ByDesign. It can be downloaded from the Download Center view of the Application and User Management work center or the Self Services view of the Home work center.
Please leave me a comment if you have any feedback to give regarding this functionality. Thank you for reading!