Asset Management in Utilities – part 4: Extending the SAP Solution Landscape with Partner Solutions
You might know, that SAP offers solutions for all steps in the life-cycle of an asset. I often illustrate this with this picture, that relates the asset life-cycle on a high level to the SAP solutions.
But of course SAP does not provide all necessary solutions to run transformers, power plants and pipelines – just to name a few of all the assets out there – and the related business processes. Therefore we have been always working with partners to provide additional solutions. The SAP Industry Cloud brings this collaboration with partners on a new level, both from a Go-To-Market point of view as from a technical point of view: All partner solutions in the Industry Cloud run on the SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) or are integrated via SAP BTP.
The Industry Cloud is especially relevant in Asset Management. There are many solutions available, that support various different aspects of the asset life-cycle. It is however not easy to keep track with this constantly growing number of solutions Therefore I would like to give you a brief overview on some of these solutions. The links below lead you to the SAP Store for more details about the individual solutions:
- TeamViewer Frontline Augmented Reality for remote support and hands free work for field technicians
- ETM.next by BearingPoint Software Solutions for equipment & tools rental and lifecycle management
- Sodales for Enterprise Health, Safety and Employee Relations providing preconfigured best practices and industry forms
- Vegetation management and monitoring of ground deformation with Satellite-based infrastructure monitoring by LiveEO
- Pipeline Network Monitoring by Wipro for real time identification of pipeline leakages
- Asset monitoring using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning with Asset Seer by App Orchid
- Integration of SAP and Primavera to simplify project management with Carbon by Rizing Solutions
- Data analysis and robot control with Sensyn Core by Sensyn Robotics
- mAssetTag by Innovapptive for fixed assets tracking and tagging
You find more Industry Cloud solutions in the SAP Store. Here you can for example limit your search to “Utilities” and “Industry Cloud” and will come up with this result in the SAP Store.
We are of course also working very closely with many System Implementation partners. Therefore I would like to use this blog to make you aware of our upcoming SAP Partner Utility Week. It takes place for the 3rd time and one day is as always focusing on Assets. In the first year EY took over this asset day followed by Deloitte in the second year. This year Accenture will run the asset day on November 8th. You can Register for the SAP Partner Utility Week free of charge. As I will again moderate the asset day I hope to see you there!
Asset Management in Utilities – part 3: Improving Asset Efficiency and Health with Simulation-Based Digital Twins
Asset Management in Utilities – part 5: Are you aware of the relevance of SAP EH&S for Asset Management processes?