The Recipe for a Great SAP Innovation Awards Partner Submission
Around the globe SAP customers and partners often provide feedback on what they are deploying by way of digital transformation, innovation, and successful outcomes. Given the challenges of creating positive economic, environmental, and social impact, it is always a pleasure to connect with forward thinking individuals, teams and their organizations.
As a result, I’m excited to share my experience with the SAP Innovation Awards, which I have had the privilege to be a part of for the last six years, and now as an Ambassador for the Partner Paragon category.
Now celebrating its 10th year, the Awards program continues to get better and better each year!
For partners, the Partner Paragon award represents development of a next-generation, monetized application (e.g., SAP Store) deployed by at least one customer that uses at least one cloud technology from SAP Business Technology Platform (e.g., Application Development and Automation, Extended Planning & Analysis, Database, Data Management & Analytics, Integration, or Artificial Intelligence).
The Recipe for Success
Often, the question is asked by partners and customers, what do I need to do to have a successful entry and the opportunity to win?
The answer: It is not just one thing, but a recipe of multiple ingredients for success.
Based on reviewing hundreds of submissions over the years, here’s a framework to consider:
- Tell a compelling story – Everyone loves a good story with an impactful ending.
- What is the Wow factor? If there’s not one, consider another success story to enter.
- Read past winner’s entries – How do you compare with this group?
- Less is more – Use bullets over long paragraphs – get to the point!
- Lose the jargon – Judges don’t have the same backgrounds – keep concepts simple.
- Proof for proper grammar – English is often a second language for the author, which is O.K., so plan to give the entry a quality review before submitting.
- Quality over Quantity – Don’t submit 5 entries hoping one hits – quality wins every time.
Consider that the judges review a large group of submissions over a short number of days. It is important to stand out quickly!
Share a Great Success Story
Entries for the 2023 SAP Innovation Awards are due by February 1, 2023, at 6 PM, PST. Finalists will be announced on March 15, 2023, followed by the winners on April 12.
Happy to connect on the SAP Community by way of my profile profile.
Your comments are appreciated; please leave them below.