SAP ALM API & Integration: Q3 Updates
Goal of this blog series
With this series of blogs, we want to keep you informed on the latest news and what is important in the area of SAP ALM APIs and integration for SAP Cloud ALM, SAP Focused Run and SAP Solution Manager.
Today, ALM tool chain must connect different teams from different locations, platforms, solutions and tools relying on open source or proprietary technologies.
ALM requires the capabilities to integrate all ALM tools and the capacity to produce unified reporting and analytics for the entire life-cycle.
SAP Cloud ALM Tasks API
The Tasks API has been extended with the following attributes:
- type: News Task types supported with dedicated approval state values:
- CALMTMPL: Template
- CALMTASK: Task
- CALMUS: User Story
- CALMST, Sub-Task
- CALMREQU: Request
- CALMDEF: Defect
- deliverables: Create, update, read, and delete custom deliverables
- workstreams: Create, update, read, and delete work-streams.
- startDate: Set and read the start date of new and existing tasks.This allows you to control the manual duration of tasks by API.
SAP Cloud ALM Analytics API
- The Tasks data providers supports the following new dimension:
Defects and Requirements Analytics
Two new analytics data providers for Defects and Requirements are available:
Defects and requirements analytics APIs complement the following SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation analysis data providers already available: Projects, Tasks and Test Executions.
Business Status Events Analytics
The Business Status Events Analytics is used to retrieve statistical information for status events managed by SAP Cloud ALM.
You can generate SAP and custom events reports to monitor maintenance, degradation, and outage situations.
- Status Events: Check the help.sap.com API guide.
SAP Cloud ALM Resource Changes API
The SAP Cloud ALM Resource Changes API is used to define a web-hook and create an event resources subscription specific to that web-hook.
The web-hook is implemented by third party applications interested in receiving resource change events from selected SAP Cloud ALM resources.
Supported Resource types:
Supported Event types:
- EVENT-SITUATION.CREATED: Occurs whenever an event-situation is created.
- EVENT-SITUATION.UPDATED: Occurs whenever an event-situation is updated.
- EVENT-SITUATION.DELETED: Occurs whenever an event-situation is deleted.
- EVENT-SITUATION.PING: Occur to get latest event-situation data.