“SAP BTP Talk” – The freshly reimagined SAP Business Technology Platform Podcast
In this blog post you will discover what the SAP BTP Talk podcast is all about and what you will learn by listening to the monthly episodes. It will present you the first episode of the revamped format and introduce the podcast hosts to you.
I am happy to introduce the freshly reimagined SAP Business Technology Platform Podcast to you: The now called “SAP BTP Talk”. It comes with a new look and feel and an extended SAP BTP content, covering now all different product areas.
What is this monthly podcast about?
- Latest SAP BTP product updates and releases (new services and capabilities, new assets etc.)
- Real life customer and partner success stories
- Event announcements & key takeaways (like SAP TechEd and SAP Sapphire)
- Product Roadmap highlights
- Best practices and learning resources
- And more
Each episode is divided into two parts. The first one is the “What’s new in SAP BTP” section that summarizes product highlights of the last month for you. The second part is a deep dive interview around a specific SAP BTP topic with product experts from SAP. In some episodes we will also have customers and partners.
The monthly podcast is created and brought to you by the SAP BTP Product Management in collaboration with openSAP, SAP’s free learning platform.
Where can I subscribe to the SAP BTP Talk?
You can subscribe to the podcast and get notified each month about new episodes on the podcast platform of your choice. It is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify and TuneIn. And of course, you can also listen to it directly on the openSAP page. The podcast episodes are always published at the end of each month.
Who is this podcast for?
The aim of this product podcast is to keep developers, product experts and other interested technical audiences, customers, and partners up to date with what’s going on in SAP BTP. It is for everyone interested in learning about SAP BTP and SAP’s latest innovations and technologies. Anyone can subscribe and listen to it, regardless of the previous experience with the platform.
What is the story of this podcast?
The podcast already started in 2015 as the “SAP Cloud Platform Podcast” and is one of the first SAP product podcasts. There are almost 90 episodes and we will soon celebrate our 100th episode (stay tuned for it!)
Back in 2021 we rebranded it to “SAP Integration & Extension Talk”, covering the application development and integration capabilities of SAP BTP and we are now expanding it to all SAP BTP topics under the new name “SAP BTP Talk”.
What does this change and evolution mean?
SAP BTP enables customers, partners, and our internal development teams to build and integrate business applications, and run them on a trusted, enterprise-grade business platform while gaining business-critical insights from data.
It brings together application development, process automation, data and analytics, integration, and artificial intelligence capabilities into one unified environment, optimized for SAP applications.
We are now covering not only the Application Development and Integration area but topics from all five SAP BTP pillars in our episodes. These are:
- Application Development
- Data & Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
See here our SAP BTP pillars and cloud capabilities we are talking about:
Who are your podcast hosts?
Hanna Salamon: I am a Senior Product Manager for SAP Business Technology Platform focusing on product communications. I am responsible for the SAP BTP Talk, SAP BTP Product Newsletter, SAP Community topics and working on content strategies for different channels and formats helping to create great experiences to position the product and generate a high product awareness.
Before joining SAP, I have already worked for 5 years as a Marketing Manager in the IT industry and hold a Master Degree in Innovation Management / New Product Marketing. I am very passionate about travelling, new technologies and digital communications, spending a lot of time with Social Media, reading and writing. And how could it be different as a podcast host? I enjoy listening to a lot of different podcasts in my business as well as private life.
I am hosting this podcast since May 2021. Gaurav Dey joined me as a co-host in January 2022. Let me introduce you to Gaurav and his background:
Gaurav Dey: Is part of the Platform Foundation group for SAP BTP at SAP Labs India. His key responsibilities and tasks are around platform evangelism, helping to adopt SAP BTP with best practices. He provides analytic and strategic direction to partners and customers through council and trainings. He supports SAP’s go-to-market organization with a 100% focus on customer success with strategic innovations by working jointly with the delivery eco-system inside SAP and with partners.
A strong advocate in building communities of practice throughout the SAP eco-system. He is very enthusiastic about technology and believes in potential it has, to make our world run better. Gaurav is an avid reader and writer with an everlasting appetite for exploring new places, food & culture.
The first and very special episode of the SAP BTP Talk comes with even two interviews and a What’s New part summarizing the SAP BTP highlights of the upcoming SAP TechEd 2022 on November 15-16 for you.
- The first interview is about SAP and DFKI (German Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence) discussing how they collaborate and build prototypes with SAP BTP at the Saarland University. In this interview I will talk to Christian Lander, Software Developer/Architect within SAP Product Engineering and formerly part of the DFKI and Michael Kormann, who has been a student at the Saarland University, as well as a working student at SAP and is now moving on as an SAP Developer.
- For the second interview, I will have a co-host joining this episode: Archana Shukla is a Director in SAP BTP Product Management. She has been at SAP for more than 18 years with a deep technical knowledge and experience in product development and management. She is currently leading product success activities and partner eco-system for SAP Process Automation. Archana will have two experts from Accenture talking about their partnership with SAP. Accenture has leveraged SAP Process Automation and other SAP BTP services to automate manual processes, optimize core business functions and deliver assets to drastically improve business outcomes for the customers. Accenture shares their view on process automation technologies, current business challenges, and how have they have used SAP BTP. They also talk about different use cases and provide an outlook on upcoming initiatives with SAP.
A few highlights from the last years for you:
In this blog post you have learned what the monthly SAP BTP Talk is all about, where you can subscribe, and who your podcast hosts are.
Do you have podcast feedback, ideas or topic suggestions?
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please subscribe now to the SAP BTP Talk, leave us a rating on your preferred podcast platform and share it with your network.
You want more SAP BTP News?
You can also subscribe to the monthly corresponding SAP BTP product newsletter, check-out the new highlights and innovations in our SAP BTP Product Roadmap and follow us on Social Media as well as our SAP Business Technology Platform Topic Page.
Follow me in the SAP Community for future posts.
You can also share your feedback or thoughts in a comment in this blog post and spread the topics and resources in your community.