SAP Readiness Check – How to Update Your Implementation of SAP Readiness Check to Support SAP S/4HANA 2022
On October 12, SAP released the latest version of SAP S/4HANA. SAP Readiness Check supports SAP S/4HANA 2022 as a target product version starting when the new product version was released to customers. However, if the data collectors for SAP Readiness Check were initially implemented before the official release date, you may need to update your local replica of the simplification item catalog.
To determine whether any action is required, go to transaction SA38 in the system to be analyzed and run report RC_COLLECT_ANALYSIS_DATA. If the latest SAP S/4HANA release is not yet visible in the Target S/4HANA Version list, the local replica of the simplification item catalog needs to be updated.
Perform the following steps:
- Execute the report /SDF/RC_START_CHECK in the source system via transaction SA38.
- Choose the Update Catalog with latest version from SAP button.
As a result, the local replica of the simplification item catalog will be updated, and the Target S/4HANA Version list will now include the latest generally available SAP S/4HANA product versions.
Alternatively, if the SAP-SUPPORT_PORTAL RFC destination is unable to connect with the SAP support backbone, you can update the simplification item catalog content manually:
- Open the simplification item catalog content from https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/sic/overview with an SAP Support Portal user (S-user).
- Choose the Download Simplification Item icon to download the content to your local computer.
- Run the report /SDF/RC_START_CHECK.
- Choose the Upload Simplification Item Catalog from the file button and upload the content from where you saved it in step 2.
- Now you can execute report RC_COLLECT_ANALYSIS_DATA again. The latest SAP S/4HANA product versions will now be visible in the Target S/4HANA Version list. Proceed as described in SAP Note 2913617 (SAP S/4HANA conversions) or SAP Note 3059197 (SAP S/4HANA upgrades) to perform the data collection and create the new analysis.
To update the check classes used by the simplification item check and the consistency check, follow the steps defined in SAP Note 2502552 (version 97 or higher). If you have previously implemented this Note, pay special attention to steps 7 and 8 in the Solution section of the Note for guidance on updating the implementation.
To update the simplification database, which is used by ABAP test cockpit, follow the guidance in SAP Note 2241080.
SAP Readiness Check Team