SAP BTP ABAP Environment – Maintenance Windows and Major Upgrade Windows in 2023
One of the benefits of using SAP BTP ABAP Environment is that updates and upgrades are applied by SAP to the systems in quite a high frequency and close to the corresponding release time.
Find the latest known schedule of Major Upgrade Windows and Weekly Maintenance Windows for 2023 in this blog.
Major Upgrade Windows
As in 2022, the SAP BTP ABAP Environment will have 4 Major Upgrade Windows in 2023. These 24 hours of potential system unavailability are used to upgrade the systems to the next major version.
The events for the Major Upgrade Windows are harmonized between all SAP Cloud Products and scheduled for the following weekends:
- February 18th – 19th (Release 2302)
- May 20th – 21st (Release 2305)
- August 19th – 20th (Release 2308)
- November 11th – 12th (Release 2311)
Depending on the data center region, the 24 hours downtime will start/end at:
- APJ: FRI 9 pm – SAT 9 pm UTC
- Europe: SAT 4 am – SUN 4 am UTC
- Americas: SAT 10 am – SUN 10 am UTC
Weekly Maintenance Windows
Potentially every weekend, the SAP BTP ABAP Environment could use a downtime of 4 hours, to apply database updates, Hotfix Collections and other changes.
Depending on the data center region, the 4 hours downtime may start at:
- APJ: SAT 3 pm UTC
- Europe: SAT 10 pm UTC
- Americas: SUN 4 am UTC
The following events for Release 2211 are planned as Weekly Maintenance Windows in 2023:
- Hotfix Collection 6 for Release 2211
January 7th – 8th 2023
For release 2302 the following events are scheduled as Weekly Maintenance Windows:
- Hotfix Collection 3 for Release 2302 (only for systems which belong to the pre-upgrade)
February 18th – 19th 2023
- Hotfix Collection 4 for Release 2302
March 4th – 5th 2023
- Hotfix Collection 5 for Release 2302
March 18th – 19th 2023
- Hotfix Collection 6 for Release 2302
April 1st – 2nd 2023
Cloud System Notification Subscriptions (CSNS)
Please register to Cloud System Notification Subscriptions (CSNS) to get important information about planned and unplanned downtimes:
- Access to Cloud System Notification Subscriptions (CSNS): https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/csns
- More information about Cloud System Notification Subscriptions (CSNS): https://support.sap.com/csns
- Maintenance Windows and Major Upgrade Windows for SAP Cloud Services
- SAP Note 2888562 – Intelligent Enterprise Suite: Harmonized release calendar for SAP Cloud products
- Service Level Agreement for SAP Cloud Services
We have taken all measures possible to make this post as accurate as possible, but things sometimes fall through the cracks. In case you find any errors or inconsistencies please let us know.
The above given dates and times might change without notice and/or reflection in this blog. For latest accurate dates and times, please check out the referenced, and non-referenced information available from SAP.