Process Flexibility in SAP S/4HANA Q2C
In SAP S/4HANA Cloud, there are various options to influence SAP standard business processes to adapt to customer’s business use cases in different phases: Design Phase and Runtime Phase.
In this blog, I will focus on the CPF (Configurable Parameters & Formulas) and Cloud BAdIs which are used to enhance SAP standard process via custom business rules or custom logic.
The CPF framework was introduced by SAP Commodity Management (CA-GTF-CPE) and then utilized in SAP S/4HANA Q2C Pricing Management. As of now there are more CPF usages introduced in other areas of SAP S/4HANA Q2C, like in sales document management, billing document management, pricing management, etc.
Here is the brief comparison between CPF and Cloud BAdIs to influence business process in SAP S/4HANA Q2C:
|Aspect||Configurable Parameters & Formulas||Cloud BAdI|
|Easy to use?||Low-code & no-code||requires ABAP knowledge to implement custom logic|
|Enough parameter?||predefined catalogs and some custom catalogs are possible||more flexibility to call released API/CDS views|
|Multiple implementation?||Only one CPF formula can be assigned or active||Normally only one Cloud BAdI can be implemented with key user tool|
|Support custom fields?||Yes||Yes|
|Simulation||Yes. It is possible to simulate business rules for BRF+ function||Yes. It is possible to test Cloud BAdI and customer logic tracing application is available|
Both options are recommended approaches to extend business process in SAP S/4HANA Cloud and OP/PCE. Comparing with old technology such as user-exit, implicit enhancement or modification, CPF and Cloud BAdI ensure the SAP S/4HANA Core is consistent and robust.
This blog consolidates examples of using CPF and Cloud BAdIs in SAP S/4HANA Q2C to solve some extensibility requirements. These examples will give you some hints of extending your business processes.
Configurable Parameters & Formulas
- S/4HANA Q2C Sales Flexibility – Determine Number Range for Sales Document
- S/4HANA Q2C Sales Flexibility – Determine Requested Delivery Date on Sales Document
- S/4HANA Q2C Sales Flexibility – Determine Business Partner and Sales Area in B2B EDI Integration
- S/4HANA Q2C Sales Flexibility: Using BRF+ to Determine Pricing Date
- S/4HANA Q2C Sales Flexibility – Determine Valid-to Date on Sales Inquiry and Sales Quotation via CPF
- Flexible Proposal of Requested Delivery Dates or Pricing Dates: Enabling Sales Document Header Fields as Input Parameters
- Flexible Proposal of Requested Delivery Dates on Sales Order
- Flexible Determination of Internal Partner Number via CPF
- How to Implement Flexible Billing Document Numbering with Configurable Parameters and Formulas (CPF) – Video Tutorial
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Document Type determination using CPF solution
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Flexible Billing Document Posting
Relevant SAP Help Links:
- Flexible Sales Document Numbering
- Flexible Billing Document Numbering
- Flexible Delivery Document Numbering
- Flexible Proposal of Requested Delivery Dates
- Flexible Proposal of Pricing Dates
- Flexible Determination of Internal Numbers in Sales EDI
- Flexible Determination of Sales Area and Sales Document Types in Sales EDI
- Flexible Proposal of Validity Dates
- Flexible Billing Document Cancellation
- Flexible Billing of Batch Items
- Flexible Billing Document Posting
- Flexible Aggregation of Billing Output for Professional Services
- Automatic Inclusion of Price Conditions Using Modular Pricing Procedures
- Modular Pricing Procedures for Automatic Inclusion of Price Conditions
- Key User Extensibility in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Sales
- Cloud BAdIs for Sales Scheduling Agreement SOAP Inbound message
- How to use Cloud BAdI to modify returns item data
- Enhance Text Determination with Custom Logic in Sales Area of S/4HANA Cloud
- How to change the tax classification for professional service orders using BAdI “Sales Item Tax Fields Modification”
- How Do I Copy Master Data Fields to a Sales Document?
- Cloud BAdIs in Order Request In and Order Confirmation Out EDI Processing
- Customize Inbound Sales Order EDI Text Mapping Using SAP Cloud BAdls