User Experience Insights
Using Sales Document Approval Status to prevent issuing Rejected or Reworked sales documents.
Standard sales document processing restricts issuing of S/4HANA Output Control output for a sales document if the document approval status = In Approval. This means that any output for a sales document can still be issued if document approval status = Rejected, Reworked or Approved.
To further restrict issuing of output for sales document, the Sales Document Approval Status can be used to prevent issuing of an output type for a sales document if approval status = Rejected or Reworked.
Once you create a sales document and conditions are fulfilled to trigger sales order approval workflow, approver (s) can make approval decision: Release, Reject or Request Rework.
If the approver (s) reject the sales document, it is expected the output status for that sales document to be In Preparation. Once sales document is released, the output status should be Completed.
How to set the system to have the output status of the sales document In Preparation until Approval Status of the document is Released?
- Go to Output Parameter Determination app and follow the steps from the recording below:
2. Now, at the decision table, you can see that the Approval Status condition is available.
3. Following the outcome expectation for this scenario, the output status for the sales document should be only Completed once the Approval Status of sales document is Released.
In this case, you will select Approval Status: B (Released) for the relevant Output Type, follow the steps provided in the recording below:
*Note: you may consider also selecting approval status Not Relevant. There may be situations where sales documents are not relevant for approval, and you need the output status to be Completed.
Test and validate
Let’s assume you have set up the approval workflow process for sales quotation.
Approval Status is set to B (Released) for Output Type SALES_QUOTATION:
1. Scenario 1: Create a sales quotation and release it. Expected result for the output status will be Completed.
1.1 Sales quotation has been created and approval status is In Approval:
1.2 Output status is In Preparation:
1.3 Approver (s) will Release the sales quotation:
1.4 Approval status is Released:
1.5 Output status is Completed:
2. Scenario 2: Create a sales quotation and reject it. Expected result for the output status will be In Preparation.
2.1 Sales quotation has been created and approval status is In Approval:
2.2 Output status is In Preparation:
2.3 Approver (s) will Reject the sales quotation:
2.4 Approval status is Rejected:
2.5 Output status will continue to be In Preparation:
You successfully achieved the expected result.
This scenario is also applicable for other sales documents which are relevant for the approval process of sales documents.
*Note: if the Approval Status object is not visible in the Table Settings in the Output Parameter Determination app, you need to follow the steps below to manually refresh binding in Output Parameter Determination app:
- Open Output Parameter Determination app.
- Select Business Rules: Show Rules for “Sales Document”.
- Move the mouse over the previously selected value in field “Show Rules For” and right mouse click to open the drop-down menu. Select the option “Refresh Condition Parameters of Application”.
I hope you find this information useful and I invite you to follow my profile, for similar content, and to leave a comment or make a suggestion, if you want me to write about another topic related to Sales for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Thank you for reading 🙂