Unlocking the value of Manual Control Performance
Manual Control Performance (MCP) is a functionality of SAP GRC Process Controls module that allows an organization to centrally manage their internal controls as a single centralized repository for all the steps involved during the collection of evidences and issue management.
- Difficult to manage the multiple steps involved in a control and who will perform those steps is a challenge as there is no central planner to trigger the process
- Collection of evidences and storing them to a location without automating the execution is time consuming
- Delay in completing the audit increases the cost
Understanding the Functionality:
Once the risk and control master data is uploaded into the process controls, MCP is a four stage process that contains
1. Building Steps: Identify the sequence, step name, step description, evidence, comment required and duration
2. Role Assignment: MCP follows role based approach so identifying role design and assignment is very important. In my opinion, below three roles narrative should be sufficient to meet the requirements.
3. Workflow: standard workflow is pretty solid and meet the requirement. Cutomization of workflows is not really required.
4. Perform and Monitor: Performance test plan will be executed in the sequence defined during the step build and reminder emails should be configured using the notification maintenance.
How to configure Manual Control Performance:
I found the below SAP wiki extensively listed the configuration steps that must be performed to use the MCP functionality
- Reduced operating costs through standardization of testing, reporting, monitoring and documentation.
- Improves the visibility and control of risk across the business, also helps enabling more effective allocation of resources.
- Reduce the significant amount of email exchanges between the parties.
- Provides documentation of both centralized and local control catalogs, alignment of compliance initiatives and efficient management of risks and controls through workflow functionality.
Please share your feedback by entering in the comment section