Supplier enablement for logistic relationship/ Transport Request in SAP Business network for supply chain collaboration
Now a supplier or third-party logistics provider can assist the buyers in transporting goods from one location to another through transports request by integrating suppliers into the SBN for supply chain collaboration.
To initiate a transport request the logistic provider should have a logistics relationship that allows the information to flow on SAP BUSINESS NETWORK (SBN).
Process flow of Transport request:
- A transport request is sent to the logistic provider by the buyer
- Supplier/logistic provider can view the request in the fulfillment tab, select Transport request
- The supplier will provide the confirmation by accepting or rejecting the request.
- Buyers can only send the Transport request
- Only suppliers with a logistic relationship can view the transportation request/confirmation in fulfilment tab.
Third-party Logistics Provider/supplier enablement process for logistic relationship:
1. Choose Supplier Enablement à Active Relationship.
- Click Search for Suppliers.
- Enter information in the Company name, Company name starts with, or ANID fields, then click Search. Matching suppliers appear in the Search Results table.
- In the Search Results table, find the supplier you are looking for and choose Request Relationship in the Actions column. The Supplier Detail page opens.
- Check I have reviewed and verified the profile of Supplier Name, Click Request a Logistics Relationship.
- Once the supplier accepts the logistic relationship, you can see the relationship status in the supplier list.
- If a transport request is sent to SAP Business Network we can check through fulfilment tab a Transport request.
We have seen how to enable a supplier with Logistic Relationship & process flow for Transport requests.
- Transport request is a custom enhancement that must be done by the customer etc.
You can refer to the link:
Anything to add? Leave a comment below.
Thanks for Reading!