SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA – Foundational SAP Notes for SAP S/4HANA 2022
Latest Update October 21: For those customers who still have custom forms based on Interactive Forms by Adobe there is a new frameless navigation mode in SAP S/4HANA 2022 that can launch an app in MS Edge Internet Explorer Compatibility mode. However given that no other web browser supports the underlying controls, you are recommended to move to an alternative UI as soon as possible. Refer to SAP Note 3067128 – Internet Explorer (IE11) deprecation in Web Dynpro ABAP: FAQ
Latest Update October 19: Adding the announced long term version for SAPUI5, i.e. SAP Fiori. With FES SP01 the stable version SAPUI5 1.108 is included, which will be a long–
term maintenance version aligned with the maintenance period of SAP S/4HANA 2022 (end of year 2027). Refer to SAP Fiori deployment options and SAP Fiori front-end server strategy – UPDATE 2022
This blog post lists the main SAP Fiori notes for SAP S/4HANA 2022.
This collection is provided as an aid to those customers installing or upgrading to SAP S/4HANA 2022 Cloud, private edition or SAP S/4HANA 2022 On-Premise.
Information is current for the initial shipment stack of SAP S/4HANA 2022.
You can find additional information on the major changes for SAP Fiori in SAP S/4HANA 2022 in blog post:
You can find additional information on the major changes for SAP Fiori Frontend Server in blog post:
IMPORTANT: Especially please note the statements in the above blog post around Strategy for 2023 and future direction for SAP Fiori front-end server
Key release facts for SAP S/4HANA 2022 Initial Shipment Stack
|SAP FES FOR SAP S/4HANA||2022|
|SAP FIORI FOR SAP S/4HANA||2022|
|Unified Rendering||2209 or higher|
1.102 – Innovation version of SAPUI5 for FES 2022 SP00
1.108 – The long term maintenance version is typically released with FES 2022 SP01 the stable version SAPUI5 1.108 is included, which will be a long–term maintenance version aligned with the maintenance period of SAP S/4HANA 2022 (end of year 2027). Refer to SAP Fiori deployment options and SAP Fiori front-end server strategy – UPDATE 2022
Customers on FES 2022 SP00 are recommended to patch up (preferably before go-live).
- As usual with the Initial Shipment Stack, the initial SAPUI5 version is *not* the long term maintenance (LTM) version for SAP S/4HANA 2022. You should plan to upgrade your FES to the long-term maintenance release (e.g. by upgrading to SP01) when it is released in (expected Q1 2023). Refer to 3005190 – Maintenance for SAPUI5 Innovation Version in “User Interface Technology” (SAP_UI)
- Internet Explorer 11 and MS Legacy Edge Support removed for SAP S/4HANA 2021 and higher releases
- Including MS Edge running in IE11 Compatibility Mode
- Use MS Edge or another supported browser
- Refer to 1672817 – Browser: Microsoft Legacy Edge and Internet Explorer Support Policy Note
- If you still use custom Interactive Forms by Adobe (IFbA) there is a new frameless navigation mode in SAP S/4HANA 2022 that can launch an app from the SAP Fiori launchpad in MS Edge Internet Explorer Compatibility mode. However given that no other web browser supports the underlying controls, you are recommended to move to an alternative UI as soon as possible. Refer to SAP Notes:
- 3067128 – Internet Explorer (IE11) deprecation in Web Dynpro ABAP: FAQ
- 1918612 – SAP IFbA: Information Reader/Browser support – SAP ONE Support Launchpad
- 2384508 – WDA: Adobe support – SAP ONE Support Launchpad
- 2919999 – Support for InteractiveForms in Web Dynpro ABAP – SAP ONE Support Launchpad
- 3224318 – S4TWL – HCM Processes and Forms JAVA and Adobe
- Design Studio apps were deprecated in SAP S/4HANA 2021 and many are now deleted in SAP S/4HANA 2022 and are superseded by the equivalent Web Dynpro Grid applications for multidimensional drill down reporting
- Deprecation of HANA Rules Framework
- The functionality to build and to model analytical rules via BRF+ and to push these rules down to HANA (SAP HANA Rules Framework) is deprecated now and will be removed as a comprised component in S/4HANA On-Premise 2023.
- Refer to 3243120 – S4TWL – Deprecation of Hana Rules Framework
- Situation Handling templates move to the new F5437 Manage Situation Types – Extended app which supports a broader range of use cases including custom use cases
- Machine learning use cases move to the Intelligent Scenarios Lifecycle Management apps
- The new apps were introduced in SAP S/4HANA 2020 and further expanded in subsequent releases, i.e. F4469 Intelligent Scenarios and F4470 Intelligent Scenario Management.
- Refer to Intelligent Scenario Lifecycle Management – Frequently Asked Questions
- Predictive Analytics apps F1837 Predictive Models and F2033 Predictive Scenarios are now obsolete.
You can find more on which apps and UIs are deprecated in the What’s New Viewer for SAP S/4HANA by select Type = deleted, deprecated.
Hint: The new apps available are expected to be visible in the SAP Fiori apps library in the next few days. The library is regularly updated every couple of weeks.
SAP Help Documentation guides for SAP Fiori on SAP S/4HANA
SAP Fiori launchpad for SAP S/4HANA 2022
Central SAP Notes for all releases of SAP Fiori on SAP S/4HANA
2217489 – Maintenance and Update Strategy for SAP Fiori Front-End Server
2590653 – SAP Fiori front-end server deployment for SAP S/4HANA
2436567 – UI for Basis Applications – General Information
2658822 – Release notes for SAP GUI for HTML (short WEBGUI)
314568 – SAP GUI for HTML functionality / Limitations / Sp. Behaviour
2050838 – SAP Screen Personas – Limitations / Restrictions / Behavior
2902673 – Rapid Activation for SAP Fiori in SAP S/4HANA – Overview
2241080 – SAP S/4HANA: Content for checking customer specific code
2236608 – Support Package levels of SAP S/4HANA ON-PREMISE installations/upgrades
Main SAP Notes for SAP Fiori on SAP S/4HANA 2022
3226678 – SAP FIORI FOR SAP S/4HANA 2022: Release Information Note
Platform Availability Matrix for SAP FIORI FOR SAP S/4HANA 2022
3145277 – SAP S/4HANA 2022: Release Information Note
3230844 – SAP S/4HANA 2022: Restriction Note
3226530 – SAP S/4HANA 2022 Feature Package Stack 00: Additional Release Information
3225464 – ABAP Platform 2022 – General Information
3225504 – ABAP Platform 2022 – Restrictions
3254104 – SAP S/4HANA 2022 FPS0: Performance Restrictions
Browser Support Details:
Product Planning Matrix for SAP S/4HANA 2022 and SAP S/4HANA FOUNDATION 2022
Spaces and Pages are available since SAP S/4HANA 2020. The journey continues with 2021 and higher releases:
2972720 – New SAP Fiori launchpad Layout with Spaces and Pages
Themes in UI Technologies supported by SAP Fiori launchpad:
SAP Fiori Evolution: Horizon Now Generally Available in UI Technologies and Some Products
2540597 – Supported Themes for SAPGUI for HTML
Main SAP Notes for SAP Fiori Frontend Server 2022 for SAP S/4HANA
3191581 – SAP Fiori front-end server 2022 for SAP S/4HANA
3237135 – General Information: Installation details of SAP Fiori front-end server 2022 for SAP S/4HANA
3150903 – SAP_UI 7.57 minimal installation requirements
3150896 – UI Version 9.0 for SAP ABAP Platform: Mapping support package stack SAP_UI 7.57 to UI5 versions
IMPORTANT: Once you have installed or upgraded to SAP S/4HANA 2022, you should immediately check and patch up your minor versions for all UI technologies. That is you should patch up your minor versions for:
- SAPUI5 version – for Fiori launchpad and SAP Fiori apps
- Kernel version – for SAP GUI for HTML and SAP GUI for Windows
- Unified Rendering version – for SAP GUI for HTML and ABAP Web Dynpro applications
Patching for SAPUI5
Find the current minor patch levels and where to find the patch by checking the SAP Note 3155948 – ABAP SAPUI5 patch version update.
You can find a short FAQ list on the patching process in SAP Note 2346367 – How to upgrade the SAPUI5 library in ABAP
The changes implemented by the patch are described in the ui5 change log – go to https://ui5.sap.com/#/releasenotes.html and select release 1.102
Patching for Kernel
Find the current minor patch levels by checking the SAP Note 2083594 – SAP Kernel Versions and SAP Kernel Patch Levels. This includes the link to the latest patch note in the format: SAP Kernel <major version> Patch Level <patch level number>
3238971 – SAP Kernel 7.89 Patch Level 51 (RTC)
Patching for Unified Rendering
Find the current minor patch levels by checking the SAP Notes:
For Web Dynpro for ABAP – SAP Note 2090746 – WD ABAP: Unified Rendering Update with TCI – Instructions and Related SAP Notes
Check the Solution section for your SAP_UI component version and the associate UR version and its SAP Note.
For SAP GUI for HTML – SAP Note 2504011 – SAP GUI for HTML: Unified Rendering Update – Instructions and Forecasts
You can find more information in SAP Note 2500800 – Cumulative patches for Unified Rendering
Add-ons and software components with SAP Fiori apps or features
3217867 – Release of Fiori Product Versions for SAP Fiori front-end server 2022 for SAP S/4HANA
2958200 – Release strategy and Maintenance Information for the ABAP add-on UIGRCGTS
2013453 – Release strategy for ABAP add-on PERSONAS
Notable changes in Catalogs, Groups, and Spaces
3108556 – Release Information: Changes in SAP Fiori Content for Finance in SAP S/4HANA 2022
3203055 – Release Information: Changes in SAP Fiori Content for International Trade Management in SAP S/4HANA 2022
Notable restrictions in Apps and UIs
3233684 – SAP S/4HANA 2022: Restriction Note for FIORI Applications ‘F5325 -Manage Maintenance Plans’ and ‘F5356 – Manage Maintenance Items’
3248716 – SAP S/4HANA 2022: Restriction Note for Webdynpro Applications:’W0021 – Process Task List (Planner)’ and ‘W0017- Process Maintenance Order’
3139973 – S4TWL – Deprecation of Manage Compliance Requirement app
3227455 – S4TWL – ‘Adjust Assigned Liquidity Items’ Fiori app has been deprecated since S/4HANA on-premise 2022
3150537 – S4TWL – CATSXT – deprecation in SAP S/4HANA 2022. Planned to be removed in SAP S/4HANA 2023
Additional Notes for Upgrading to SAP S/4HANA 2022
3226548 – SAP S/4HANA 2022 – application specific notes in system conversion / release upgrade follow-on phase
3226548 – SAP S/4HANA 2022 – application specific notes in system conversion / release upgrade follow-on phase
3143951 – SAP S/4HANA 2022 Conversion & Upgrade checks – TCI Note #11
For other user experience changes refer to:
You can also use the new Upgrade Impact Analysis in the SAP Fiori apps reference library to plan for changes in apps and UIs. Find out how in Running an App Upgrade Impact Analysis.
Updating Rapid Activation and other tools
For Rapid Content Activation:
For Launchpad App Manager:
For Migrate Your Data:
- 3230270 – SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit: Central Note for Migrate Data Directly from SAP System – Corrections in migration technology for SAP S/4HANA 2022
For SAP GUI for HTML (WebGUI):
For SAP Screen Personas:
Becoming a SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA guru
You’ll find much more on the community topic page for SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA
Other helpful links in the SAP Community:
- Follow our tag SAP S/4HANA RIG for more from the SAP S/4HANA Customer Care and RIG
- See all questions and answers about SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA
- Follow SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA for more blogs and updates
- Ask a Question about SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA
Brought to you by the SAP S/4HANA Customer Care and RIG.
Extremely helpful and informative blog. Thank you Jocelyn !
Very Informative Blog . Thanks Jocelyn Dart .!!
Hi Ajay, Thanks for asking! There is already one for that, created last year... we only do it for the new release, so you need to check current patch levels for the feature pack stacks (FPS). Most of the notes are exactly the same for the feature pack stacks so it's just a question of reviewing the notes.
SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA – Foundational SAP Notes for SAP S/4HANA 2021
SAP Note 3143951 is a TCI based SAP note which has a couple of packages, namely, SAPK61800LCPSAPAPPL and SAPK61800BCPECCDIMP
When I apply 31433951 together with the packages SAPK61800LCPSAPAPPL and SAPK61800BCPECCDIMP
Warning regarding “open data extraction requests” popped up
Do the packages “SAPK61800LCPSAPAPPL and SAPK61800BCPECCDIMP” contain any “any BI data structures” which affects the “open data extraction requests”?
Can the Warning popups regarding open data extraction requests be ignored?
Thanks a lot
***Warning Pop up*****
Phase CHECK_REQUIREMENTS: Explanation of the Errors
Open Data Extraction Requests
The system has found a number of open data extraction requests. These
should be processed before starting the object import process, as
changes to DDIC structures could prevent data extraction requests from
being read after the import, thus causing them to terminate. You can
find more information about this problem in SAP Note 1081287, 1083709 and 328181.
Call the Customizing Cockpit data extraction transaction and process all