SAP ALM Analytics: SAP Cloud ALM Tasks Dashboards
Goal of this blog post
In this blog, we will create panels displaying analytics for Tasks entities managed by SAP Cloud ALM with the ALM Grafana plugin.
This plug-in lets you extend your analytics solutions for application life-cycle management. This plugin is based on the SAP ALM analytics API. The main concepts of the SAP ALM Analytics API can be found in this blog.
- You have created a service key to your SAP Cloud ALM tenants (check this blog).
- You should configure a Grafana data source connected to your SAP Cloud ALM tenant.
- You have configured at least one project in your SAP Cloud ALM tenant. (check the SAP support portal)
ALM Tasks Data Provider
The ALM Tasks data provider supports the following dimension:
|taskGUID||Internal GUID of the task|
|project||project of the Task||yes|
|project name||Project Name|
|scope name||Scope of the Tasks|
|statusText||Text of the Task status|
|type||Task Type Text|
|typeID||Task Type ID|
|dueDate||Due data of the task|
|timeboxName||TimeBox of the task|
|counter||Task counter (Measures)|
|storyPoint||Story Point (Measures)|
From your Grafana instance, create a query for each Tasks Status to display in your dashboard: Open, In Progress, Done,…
- Select your SAP Cloud ALM “Data source”.
- Select “Time-Series” format.
- Select data provider: “ALM Tasks”
- Select the name of your project.
- Select the name of your scope.
- Select the status to be filtered.
- Select the following dimensions:
Select the “Stat” visualisation for each of your query with the following settings:
- Thresholds: Adapt the thresholds to your requirements.
- Query Options: Select “now/d” in the “relative time” query options.
Select the “Time Series” visualisation with the corresponding projects timeframe.
- Query Options: Select “6M” in the “relative time” query options.
Add the following Dimensions to your query to select which columns to display in the table:
Select the “Table” visualisation with the following settings:
- Value Mappings: Customise color coding for task priority and status.
- Data Links: This option opens the SAP Cloud ALM Tasks details of your SAP Cloud ALM tenant.
In the next blog, we will explain how to use variables to navigate between projects and tasks dashboards.
Thanks for reading.