Partners in North America present SAC use cases at the Hack2Build SAP Analytics Cloud
The SAP Co-Innovation Lab, North America hosted a Hack2Build focusing on SAP Analytics Cloud in collaboration with the SAP Analytics Cloud Product Management, Global CoE Analytics and the BTP Solution Architects teams during Sept. 26th – 30th, 2022.
After an intense week of ideation and prototyping, 14 compelling solution prototypes span across SAP Analytics Cloud and BTP.
Hack2Build, ‘Beyond a Hackathon’ is an initiative which brings together the creativity and speed of prototyping by the partners in just 5 days. Partners validate their ideas with SAP during the ‘Hackathon phase’ and are encouraged to move from prototyping to the ‘build phase’, to develop their market-ready solution.
The event kickstarted with inspiring keynote sessions:
- Luciano Ravenna: Global Vice President, Head of Partner Solution Adoption; opened the keynotes with a warm welcome and an inspiring message for the partners.
- Markus Olson: Head of North America Partner Solution Advisory; introduced partner innovation and monetization on Extended Planning & Analysis
- Derek Pettigrew: VP Product Management Augmented BI; talked about SAC strategy introduction, SAP Integration to a single planform, investment themes and performance spotlight
- Jie Deng: SAC Product Management; introduced the optimized and unified story experience in SAC, showcased live demos and roadmap
- Scott Godfree: SAC Product Management, Planning & Analysis; introduced the planned tracing capabilities which should simplify troubleshooting and debugging of complex Data Actions.
- Rudi de Louw: Partner Ecosystem Success; presented how to get the right audience to use your industry-focused cloud solutions
- Kevin Liu: Head of SAP Partner Co-Innovation Desk, Americas; explained what is co-innovation desk and how SAP partner benefits from the service
In the next 4 days, partners developed their solution prototypes with the technical support from the SAP experts team. We received many questions in different areas. Thanks for all the support from SAC product management team, Global CoE Analytics team and BTP solution architect team.
Deciding on the winners was a tough decision for the judges. Four partner companies eventually emerged as co-winners, 1st runner-up and 2nd runner-up.
Winner – Analysis Prime – Dynamic Workflow Approval
Users can now leverage the Dynamic Workflow Approval solution within SAP Analytics Cloud to achieve an intelligent approvals workflow that aligns with their goals. This robust solution equips users with governance over their planning processes via defined approver limits, a tiered approval hierarchy, and workflow status monitoring. Its modern architecture enables the solution to hold unlimited value limits, determine mandatory approvals, notify users of approval requirements, and allows users to view and report on approvals.
Voice from Analysis Prime
Winner – Savic Tech – Intelligent Inventory & Material Planning
Intelligent analyzes the inventory available in factory, third party warehouse and e-commerce platform and predictive out of stock scenario. By the reference of prediction finished goods requirement, raw material predictive planning intelligent system will alert stock availability with partner.
Voice from Savic Tech
1st Runner-up – SimpleFi Solutions – Liquidity Planning Automation
Automate and streamline a 13 weeks liquidity planning by providing scenario analysis capabilities, data sources integration, accurate and real-time data access for added-value variation analysis, quick visualization insights at different granularity levels, including predictive and multi-currency features for better control.
Voice from SimpleFi Solutions
2nd Runner-up – TEK Analytics – Incentive planning in SAP Analytics Cloud
At TEK, we identified that the incentives planning process for equipment manufacturers is a complex and in efficient process. Trying to manage rebates, lease rates, and other incentives was such a challenge, time to market and revenue suffered. What if, we could develop a single end to end system that would automate and enable electronic workflow, process and summarize actual spend and performance, as well as compare actual performance to plan so the teams could spend more time on other value added tasks. We developed a solution to help solve these challenges using SAP Analytic Cloud. The expected payoff is reducing manual effort, improving accuracy, in a flexible and scalable application that can be rolled out to any OEM client regardless of size, complexity or SAP backend. It will modernize, simplify and centralize all users experience. What used to take weeks can now be accomplished in hours with information distribution throughout the organization in real time breaking down silo walls.
Voice from TEK Analytics
A loud applause to all other teams (in no order) and their use cases of this hackathon:
- PwC: Revenue-based Business Insights Tool
- VASPP: Manpower Budgeting
- Yash: Easy Appraisal – Promotion Planning Tool
- E&Y: Supply Chain Planning
- Crave Infotech: Planning Functionality using SAP Analytics Cloud
- Capgemini: Web Application Usage Analytics using SAC and UX Upliftment
- TCS: Spot Light – Focus on what matters
- TSP: Stock aging report with Batch
- Nimbl: Marketing planning & forecasting in SAC
- Bosch: Project planning
The aim of Hack2Build is to take solutions beyond the hackathon, for partners to productize and commercialize their solutions. The majority of the partners were keen to take their solutions to market. The SAP Co-Innovation Lab will be working with these partners to help them finalize their build and commercialize their solutions.
All the participant partner teams received digital badges by cred.ly from SAP.
Partners also shared positive feedback towards their experience of the Hack2Build.
Work as One:
We would like to extend a special thanks to our Executives, Experts and Colleagues. This would not have been possible without you.
- Eric Smit – Vice President, SAP Global Center of Excellence, Analytics
- Derek Johnson – SAP Global Product Manager, SAP Analytics Cloud
- Marcus Olson – Head of North America, Partner Solution Advisory
- Louenas Hamdi – BTP Advisor, SAP Partner Solution Center
Keynote Speakers – Luciano Ravenna, Markus Olson, Derek Pettigrew, Jie Deng, Scott Godfree, Rudi de Louw, Kevin Liu
SAP BTP Solution Architects: Quintus Smith, Alessandro Biagi, Alice Magnani, Edward Neveux, Cesare Calabria
SAP SAC product management: Derek Pettigrew, Jay Gandhi, Derek L Johnson, Jie Deng, Marouene Ferchichi
SAP Global Center of Excellence, Analytics: John Gibson, Eric Smit, Sean Johnson, Jon Teopaco
SAP Solution Center: Idit Saguey, Ben Hamel, Louenas Hamdi, Wesley Honorato, Moshin Mordechai
SAP COIL: Hans-Joachim Odlozinski, Martin Rosjat, Andrea Dellmuth, Jiayi Wang, Rudi Held
SAP Hack2Build North America Team
Author: Jiayi Wang