Practical approaches to keep your core (S/4 HANA) system clean – BTP & Beyond
This is a BTP blog series, where we will discuss the right way of S/4 HANA implementation and …
Why we should adopt Keep-Core-Clean (S/4 HANA) approach
How SAP BTP helps to keep-core-clean (S/4 HANA)
What a Business can achieve with keep-core-clean (S/4 HANA)
In the first blog of this series, we will discuss each topic above at a very high level, and going forward, we will deep-dive into the “How” part, how BTP (Business Technology Platform) helps to achieve the clean core approach and the real-way to transform your digital core.
🤔 Keep S/4 HANA Clean = Keep-Core-Clean
“It’s not only about eliminating/restricting custom code inside the core!” 🤫
So, Let’s discuss this from a broader perspective!
- (Keep core) Business Process Clean
- (Keep core) Data Clean
- (Keep core) UI/UX simple & Clean
How to achieve the core clean? Here also, we follow the proven principles, which we implemented successfully for many of our customers. The high-level points of our proven principles are as follows:
1.2 Data Analytics
1.3 Data Science/Intelligence
2.2 Process Integration
2.3 Process Automation
3.2 Simplified custom UI/UX
In the next blog post, I will discuss the sample business use cases and required skill sets to implement the Core-Clean. Mainly the detailed version of the “How to achieve the core clean” part.
P.N – I will also discuss the options on S/4 business configurations and In-App extensions inside the Core.
Before concluding the post, I would definitely like to bring the business benefits out of the clean-core approach implementation in BTP.
- Agility – To serve on-demand business agility, develop custom and enhanced processes or apps within weeks and deploy in production, as and when required.
- Cost-Saving – Cloud cost (cloud credit) is always cheaper compared to the core on-prem-based application and DB servers and computation resources for any kind of custom/enhanced business process and data scenarios.
- Scalability – A scalable data and business process can be achieved easily from outside of the core.
- Innovations – endless possibilities are open outside the core (a good topic for our subsequent post in this series)
- Smooth Upgrade – hassle-free upgrade to new patches and versions of your core (S/4) systems, as you are not customizing the standard package delivered by SAP.
So, the “Golden Rules” of running any business, can be achieved with a keep-core-clean approach with the help of BTP (Business Technology Platform)
- Low TCO
- High ROI
As promised, I will bring more information for our discussions in the subsequent posts.
Till then, if you need any help understanding the Clean-Core with BTP (Business Technology Platform), please feel free to connect (check my bio)