SAP Process Automation – Product Enhancements October 2022
With the SAP Process Automation October release, this blog post will highlight some of the new release features available for you. You’ll discover about the new SAP Process Automation Design Studio updates including new Manifest V3 Chrome and Edge extension, Process API trigger, screen auto-capture while recording, improvements assigning environment variables in project deployment wizard, Cloud Variables table improvement, Attended trigger management improvements and many more functionalities.
This article will also cover the new updates in SDK packages including new BAPI Action Group, Microsoft 365 Cloud SDK (General Availability), Google Workspace support on Agent 3 and other fetures.
1. SPA Cloud Components
In our SAP Cloud Components, you can easily build automations with a low-code/no-code approach. To further enhance this capabilities, we’ve done the following…
2. Automation SDK Packages
We have also further enhanced the SDK Packages. The new features are listed here.
In our Public Store page, you can easily find published packages and acquire them on your landscapes. To ensure better accessibility and easily find content in our Store, we’ve done the following…
Google published last year their plans to publish Manifest V3 to replace the Manifest V2 to enhance the security of web applications and the Chrome browser.
Google will finally deactivate the Manifest V2 end of 2022, so starting on January 1st, 2023 you need to be ready to use it. Check the blog here for more information.
In this blog, you learned about:
- New Manifest V3 for Chrome and Edge extension
- Process API Trigger
- Screen auto-capture when recording
- Improvement assigning environment variable in project deployment wizard
- Cloud Variables table improvement
- Attended trigger management improvement
- Package dependency update mechanism
- New BAPI Action Group introduced
- New Microsoft 365 Cloud SDK going live
- Advanced Web Customization activities in Core SDK
- Get Excel Instance activity in Excel SDK
- Google Workspace support on Agent 3
- New bots available in Store
Please note that this blog contains upcoming features for both SAP Intelligent RPA and SAP Process Automation. The SAP Process Automation features have been exclusively marked with a “SAP Process Automation” tag. It is important to note that the release dates for SAP Intelligent RPA and SAP Process Automation may differ.
To learn more about other SAP Process Automation enhancements, please refer to the What’s New for SAP Process Automation | SAP Help Portal
For more information on SAP Process Automation, please refer to the following sources:
- Exchange knowledge: SAP Community | Q&A | Blogs
- Explore: SAP Product Page | Product Demo
- Learn more: SAP Help Portal | SAP Learning Journey
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube