SAP ALM Analytics: SAP Cloud ALM Projects Dashboards
In this blog, we will create a panel displaying the status of selected projects managed by SAP Cloud ALM with the ALM Grafana plugin.
This plug-in lets you extend your analytics solutions for application life-cycle management. This plugin is based on the SAP ALM analytics API. The main concepts of the SAP ALM Analytics API can be found in this blog.
- You have created a service key to your SAP Cloud ALM tenants (check this blog).
- You should configure a Grafana data source connected to your SAP Cloud ALM tenant.
- You have configured at least one project in your SAP Cloud ALM tenant. (check the SAP support portal)
ALM Projects Data Provider
The ALM projects data provider supports the following dimension:
|name||Name of the project||yes|
|projectGUID||Internal GUID of the project|
|Status||Status of the project (On Track, Needs Attention, Critical)||yes|
|State||State of the project (Active, Hidden)||yes|
From your Grafana instance, create a query for each project to be displayed in your dashboard:
- Add a Panel
- Select your SAP Cloud ALM “Data source”.
- Select the “Table” format.
- Select the data provider: “ALM Projects”
- Select the name of your project.
- Select the following dimensions:
Select the “Table” visualisation with the following settings:
- Value Mapping: Mappings change the display treatment of data that appears in a visualisation.
- Query transformation: Transformations manipulate the data returned by the query to change the display of the visualisation.
- Query Options:
- Select “now/d” as relative time option in the “Query Options” panel to restrict dataset values to the latest available content.
The result will show a table with the current state and status for each of the selected projects managed in your SAP Cloud ALM instance.
In the next blog, we will create a panel displaying project tasks analytics.
Thanks for reading.