Checking Directory Access using SFTP adapter in Cloud Platform Integration
Hi Readers, Welcome to the world of Cloud Integration.
This is my first blog😊, Hope this blog will be helpful and informative.
Are you getting bored with checking the directory access through SAP again and again? Here is the way that you will definitely find interesting!
Objective: The main objective of this blog is to discuss, how can we check the directory for which we want to access the files from multiple environments like SAP, R3D, etc. through CPI.
As we are focusing on this connectivity test using an SFTP adapter. So, Let’s first see about
what is SFTP?
- SFTP is a secure file transfer protocol that helps to securely transfer files over remote systems such as file access, file transfer, and file management.
- SFTP adapter connects Cloud Integration tenant to a remote system using SSH file transfer protocol to write files to the system. we can also securely transfer the files by encrypting sensitive information before transmitting it on the network.
SFTP Connectivity Test:
Step-1: Overview – Manage Security – Connectivity Tests
Step-2: Click on SSH and provide the details.
- Host: Provide the hostname of the SFTP server.
- Port: By default, it is 22.
- Proxy Type: Internet (If you are connecting directly to the SFTP server), On-Premise (If you are connecting to an On-Premise SFTP server).
- Location ID: To connect to an SAP Cloud Connector instance associated with your account.
- Credential Name: Name of the User Credentials artifact that contains the username and password.
- Host Key Verification: Check Directory access (For accessing the directory through Cloud Integration).
- Directory: Mention the directory path which you want to access in SAP or R3D, etc.
Step-3: Now that you have successfully connected to the directory which you want to access and check whether the files are present.
Conclusion: Hope this blog helps you to understand the concept of checking the directory access for which we want to post the files in multiple environments.
If you have any other further queries, please feel free to drop a comment below.